Chapter Three

I head back down to the library.

"Dear, could you go set up a table and two chairs over there." Ruth says pointing to a corner."

I set up the table and two chairs.

"Thank you. Here. Put these on the table as well." She says handing me a large set of books.

I take the books and set them up in a cute display. I look at the cover Divergent. I've never heard of it.

Ruth notices me starring. "That's Divergent written by Veronica Roth. It's also a movie."

"I've never heard of it."

"You've never heard of it!?" She gasps. "Here take a copy and read it. It might appeal to you." She says giving me a copy.

"What about the signing?" I ask.

"We have 5 hours. Plus I really just needed you to set up the table. Go head and read. It's a small town, so it will be a small signing."

"Okay?" I say walking over to a desk.

I instantly start reading, and I instantly fall in love with it.

5 Hours Later.

I've only got a few chapters left. I'm a fast reader. I've gotten good at reading because that was the only non choir thing I was allowed to do when I was stuck with the monster, but my reading list consist of old, classic books.

Veronica and who ever the other person signing gets here, but I'm to busy reading to look up. I want to finish before she leaves, and for me to do that I have to stay focus.

2 Hours Later

Ruth was right. There wasn't as many people as you would expect. Especially for a book that Ruth claims is well known, but there was still a line that went out the door.

It did get a little loud from teenage girls screaming. It sounded like they were screaming a name, but it's to high pitched to tell. I finally had to go upstairs to finished reading.

When I finish I immediately want to read the next one, but no time because Ruth just called me down for something.

"Yes?" I say walking down the stairs with the book in my hand.

"Can you clean up? They just signed the last book."

"Of course." I say while setting down the book.

"O how silly of me." Ruth squeals. "You must want your book signed?"

"That would be great." I say smiling.

"I will get them both to sign it, but just start cleaning. Okay?"

"Okay."

I go to clean up. When I finish cleaning everything I go to put the table away, but I have some trouble getting the legs to fold.

"Do you need any help?" A strange voice asks me.

"Yes please." I sigh.

He chuckles. I look up at him to see a handsome, no sexy, man before me. He folds the legs of the table, and picks it up. "Where should I put this?" He asks me.

I point him to a closet. I help him put it away.

When we finishes he starts to talk to me. "Hello. I'm Theo James, but you probably knew that."

"I'm Devon, and actually I didn't know your name."

"Really?" He says raising his eyebrows. "I'm from that movie Divergent. Heard of it?"

"Well, I've heard of it for the first time today."

"Wow! Where do you live? Under a rock?"

"I wish." I mumble.

"What?" He asks me.

"I-umm-"

Luckily Ruth interrupts us. "O good. You've met Theo. This is Veronica. They both are good friends of mine"

She says pointing to a woman with short, brown hair and glasses. "Hello. Here's your book I signed it to you. Theo has also."

"Thank you." I smile to her.

"Why don't you two stay for dinner? Devon and I would love to have you."

I raise my eyebrows when she says "Devon and I..." does that mean I'm living with her?

"I'd love to, but I have to go. I'm sorry." Veronica says politely.

"I can stay." Theo says looking at me. I can't help but smile.

We all say goodbye to Veronica.

---------------------------------------------Looks like things are looking up for Devon. I wonder how long that will last?? Tell me what you think. Don't be afraid to comment and vote. LOVE Y'ALL!

QOTD: What job do you think Theo would have if he wasn't an actor?

AOTD: I think he would either be a social studies/language arts teacher because he has a degree in philosophy, or maybe he would have focused on his singing... But first can we all just imagine Theo as our social studies teacher or language arts teacher. Talk about major teacher crush.