4

"I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out

"I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out." - Ally Carter

THE NEWS REPORTER ON THE TV WAS TALKING ABOUT MR TANNER'S DEATH WHILE THE CAMERAMAN WAS ZOOMING IN ON THE BLOODY SCENE. Tanner's death had come swiftly at the football game, which Caroline didn't attend since she had no reason to be there at the football game, and she didn't want to be caught up in Damon's drama.

Instead of watching fake Spike's drama, Caroline choose to stay in the night and watch a movie, all while texting Jo. Caroline received the news of Tanner's death from a phone call by a teary eyed Elena.

The founders ball was happening within the week and Caroline was going to use this opportunity to get the moon stone from the Lockwood estate. Sure the others would be panicking when they couldn't find it for the ritual but she was planing on using the stone as a bargaining chip.

Caroline smirked at the thought of pulling something over Katherine and Klaus. As much as she wanted to wave the stone in their faces, Caroline knew that the would immediately kill her if she did something like that. Although Klaus would torture her first. With a click of her heels, Caroline left the house to meet up with Bonnie at the Grill, it was time to have a little pep talk with Bonnie.

*****

The Grill was surprisingly quiet, Caroline wasn't complaining at the silence, she hated unnecessary loud noises. Matt flashed her a smile as he walked by and took the orders from the other customers. Caroline shook her head at the friendly blonde jock, there was no way in heaven or hell that she was going to be in a relationship with him.

A smile graced Caroline's lips as she saw Bonnie, sitting in a booth. "Bonnie!" Exclaimed Caroline, wincing at the loudness in her voice. The witch raised an eyebrow, giving a playful glare to the loud blonde, who laughed it off.

"Caroline," said Bonnie as she made herself comfortable on the chair. Caroline slipped into the booth and pulled out a menu form the rack. They were at a restaurant so they might as well order something to eat. "So Bonnie why don't you tell me what's wrong? Suggested Caroline as she scanned the desert menu. "Is the deserts nice?"

"Who said that I had a problem?" Asked a cautious Bonnie, she looked away from Caroline, hoping to find Matt, so that she could use him as a distraction. Bonnie did not want to have this conversation with Caroline.

Seeing Matt, Bonnie waved him over so that the two girls could order their food. Caroline mentally applauded the witch for trying to use Matt as a distraction. 'Smart girl,' thought Caroline as she watched Matt walk over. "Can you take our orders?" Asked Caroline, telling Matt her order as he wrote it down.