Chapter 24 - One week to your Heart

The next morning, all the boys did their routine and went to their classes.
Taehyung has been nervous all day because he has to see Jungkook at 6:30 pm to clean the gym lockers. He saw him in the hallways but he ignored him when he looked at him. He can't really face him after their talk yesterday. Things just got even more awkward between them. He just hopes that Jungkook doesn't talk to him when they meet and just do what they were assigned to.
It's 6 pm so he decides to do what he did yesterday and eat something before going to the gym.
He enters the cafeteria and looks at the food displayed and his stomach growls, because damn his lunch did no justice to his hunger. He looks at the food and he chooses to buy some gimbap and some coca cola. He pays for it and sits at a table at the back. He devours all the food and hums in delight. This is what he needed right now. He throws the empty things on the bin and leaves the cafeteria.

More 10 minutes before the 'punishment' begins. He walks to the gym and spots Jungkook standing by the door on his phone. Taehyung body got heavy and he was beyond nervous. Someone help him!

He passes by Jungkook and mumbled a small 'Hi' and then opened the door to the lockers.

"Hello Tae." Jungkook says walking behind him with a smile on his lips. He is happy to see the other boy and the fact that he talked to saying hi. Since the first time he saw Taehyung I  college, that his mind only thinks about him. ONLY him.

"Hi Jungkook." Taehyung says walking to the cabinet to grab the products. The other goes there and helps him. Taehyung moves to one part of the room and Jungkook goes after him. He has been following and checking everything Taehyung is doing for some time now. It has been going for more than 15 minutes and the other noticed but somehow is liking the attention.

"What are you doing Jungkook?" Taehyung turns around and the other almost bumps into him. He blushed and looked away.

"I'm helping cleaning." Jungkook scratches his head looking at Tae.

"No, you have been on my foot since we got here." Tae softly says looking at the smiling boy in front of him. His heart fluttered seeing that perfect bunny smile.

"No! I'm just cleaning." Jungkook whisper yelled and turned around grabbing a napkin and started cleaning far away from Tae. He side glanced at Taehyung to see if he was looking and he was. He blushed and smiling widely. Taehyung is so cute. He thinks. The other boy chuckled and covered his mouth from squealing at Jungkook's cute behaviour.

"How are your hands?" He asked Taehyung.

"They are ok now. There's only some scars but will go away in some days." Taehyung says showing his hands and smiling widely.

"That's so good." Jungkook smiled.

One hour and half passed, they didn't exchange any more words and just focused in cleaning everything. Both are exhausted because the room is so dirty today, worse than yesterday.
Everything is clean now so they put all the products back in the cabinet and cleaned their hands.
Taehyung was about to go out of there.

"Wait!" Jungkook ran towards him and smiled. Taehyung frowned and hugged himself as a way to protect himself.

"Are you doing something now?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

"Hmm no. I don't work today." Taehyung mumbled shyly.

"Then do you...do you want to eat something with me?" Jungkook asked looking around with a heavy heart. He hopes the boy accepts his offer.

Taehyung's body stiffens and his mind is confused. He doesn't know what to do or say. He really wants to spend time with Jungkook but he is afraid he might get hurt.