Ch4: Tiaras & Roses

• Dedicated to Gaiti <3

 "Walking by strangers on the side of the street, Like a quarter in a cupp'll get 'em off on their feet"- Ariana Grande

•Jace Preston•

We arrived at time, much to Millie's relief. Avery didn't comment on anything. I was telling her about a few people that she needed to see, she nodded her head at times. The brunch was set up beautifully. Avery got out on her own in a graceful way and plastered on a fake smile which seemed pretty much real. 

I stood beside her. 

"you didn't tell me one thing" she whispered to me, walking through the beautiful entrance decorated with White roses.  

"that you look absolutely stunning?" I asked 

Her cheeks flushed a shade of pink and she rolled her eyes 

"you've said that before. I meant the last name I'm using here" 

"oh! Ofcourse! How about Hamilton?" I advised, smiling at her. 

"works for me" she ran a finger through her hair. 

I looked at her and saw an eyelash under her eye.  

I leaned in really close.

•Avery Brooks•

Jace leaned in really close, I could see his deep brown eyes and his perfect and defined jaw.. I felt my heart rate go a little faster. I felt my breathing getting faster, he touched his finger under my eye. I could smell his cologne, this spicy woodsy scent.. It was heavenly ... 

"eye lash" he whispered, still standing close to me. I couldn't look away from him.. 

Finally he increased the distance between us and smirked at my weird expression  

"Coming, My lady?" he said to me  

I felt heartbeat go back to normal .. This guy would drive me crazy.

...i moved forward towards the huge crowd of people. 

There were old rich people And their young gorgeous sons and daughters. 

Gosh, why did all Brits have to be so gorgeous?! 

I saw many heads turn towards us. Probably wondering who this new intruder was. 

I felt so out of place. But I didn't let my smile leave. I had to do this. 

Someone headed our way 

"Jace!" said a female voice. I saw gorgeous Blondie heading our way. She wore a light pink dress that complimented her so well. 

"Ariana!" Jace smiled at her as she offered him her hand and he kissed it. I felt so uneasy 

"who's your friend?" she asked him, her smile told me that she was a like able person. 

"Ariana, this is Avery Hamilton. Duke Henry's niece" Jace introduced  

She gave me a kiss on the cheek 

"Oh it's so nice to meet you!" she said nicely. 

"You too" I smiled brilliantly at her. I already liked her. 

"listen now.. I have to run to Daniel. But Avery, darling, please don't hesitate to come sit with me. Jace, ill see you later" she smiled and hurried off. 

Wow, that was nice. And not pretend nice. It was actual nice. 

"she your girlfriend?" I asked Jace.