Ch2: Starbucks &The Brit Jerk

• Dedicated to Ahsan Palh

"We speak in silence, Words can't break, it feels like we are, falling awake" - Lifehouse

• Avery Brooks •

My alarm started blaring out this God awful noise. I woke up and shut it off. It was 6 am. Time to roll. I got out of bed and got ready, wearing a pair of shorts, a Black T-shirt with ripped sleeves and my black tattered converse. I picked up my bag pack and headed out. Adventures await. 

The Cab ride seemed to take longer than it was supposed to, Millie hated when I was late.. 

Crap! 

I ran towards the airport to see Millie waiting for me by the main entrance. Her usual collected self in a business suit. Irrelevant thoughts zoomed through my head.  

"Morning Captain!" I said with a smile  

"Avery. You are late. And what are you wearing?" Millie grimaced and handed me a Starbucks cup. 

I smiled at her appreciatively. I never had any friends now. Used to. But I couldn't have any now, the main reasons being I had too many secrets to keep. And I was an awkward potato. Yup. That.

Millie was the closest I'd ever had. She was strict and I'd never seen her smile, but to be honest I loved her to bits. 

I glanced at the time in my crappy phone  

"it's 7:05, Mills. It's not late. And what i'm wearing are clothes. The 40's aren't doing you so well" I smirked  

Millie gave me a shocked expression  

"I am NOT in my 40's. I'm barely 32" She defended her pride  

I laughed "Sure. Sure. Of course"

A few guys around us were staring at me. I'd grown to ignore it all, it's funny how much good looks mattered to people. Scratch that, it's not funny it's DISGUSTING.

"Mills. Let's go inside" I said. Millie was frantically looking around and at her watch. 

"we have to wait for someone" she replied. Taking a sip of her black coffee. Blegh. I never understood how people can drink that.

"Millie Hampton?" a Voice said behind us said. It was a male voice with a British accent. A very charming voice.

I turned around to see a boy, around my age. Give or take a year. Standing there looking devastatingly handsome in a casual jeans and collared shirt. He looked perfect. From his Deep brown eyes to his well built body. He looked at me and gave me a charming smile.

• Jace Preston •

"Yes. You must be Jace Preston" The lady shook my extended hand. My eyes didn't leave the beautiful girl next to her. 

Millie Hampton turned to the gorgeous girl beside her and said 

"Avery. This is Jace Preston" she introduced  

I extended my hand towards her but she didn't offer hers. She stood there with a bored expression on her face and said "Hey. Whats up?"  

I smiled and put my hand back in disappointment. 

"What is he?" I heard her ask Millie. I was a little offended by being referred to as a 'what' but this girl was certainly amusing. 

"Jace" Millie started "is like you. He's a secret agent who's going to work with you. And since his roots are in the British royalty he would know a lot and help you out on the way" 

The girl frowned upon hearing this  

"Mills. I don't need any help okay. Tell him to go back. I'm fine doing crap on my own" She said confidently. Her eyes met mine, she had beautiful dark blue eyes. For some reason I couldn't look away. This girl was certainly something. 

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but the British Royalty aren't as .. " I tried to find a good word ... "Rebellious. So I would like to help by helping you out with the traditions of the royal" 

She raised an eyebrow in a modest way that instantly made me smile  

"You think I can't act British?" she asked  

"I didn't mean--" I started but was cut off by Millie ushering us both inside  

"Okay. You two need to behave like professionals. I will be coming with you. But I will just be watching and helping out from afar. This ones of you two. Figure it out" she said as she went to talk to one of the people. 

I turned to her in an attempt to give it another shot, but she was busy sipping her coffee and pretending like I didn't exist 

"Listen I didn't mean to say-" I started and was cut off again  

"it's not only you who's an undercover agent, Jace. I am too. And I've taken down a lot of people. And I plan to do this one too. Don't mess with it" she said in a very very real and believable British accent. 

I laughed. I saw her smiling as well 

"wow. You are good at this" I complimented. 

"I've heard that before" she smiled, her eyes meeting mine. She was so much more than just her pretty face. There was something so interesting about her. I kept watching her smile.. She had such a beautiful smile. 

I watched her as she threw her cup in a swift move and meet up with Millie. This was definitely going to be good. I smiled to myself.