Spider's Den IV

"It’ll take him weeks to recover from his injuries.” Fredrick said dabbing a foreign substance to Azlyn on Jack’s shoulder.

            “But?” Crow asked with a still face.

            “I could make him fine today but I want to go with you.” Fredrick said and stood. The rustling of armor worn soldiers passed outside.

            “You’ll probably die, only death waits where I go.” Crow replied, crossing his arms.

            “I won’t die though; I’ll disband from you all before I die. But I can’t stay here, in this city.” Fredrick took a glance outside and sighed. Crow nodded. Fredrick smiled and began more work on Jack.

            “Corthus, I need to speak with you.” Crow said and he went into another room which Corthus followed him into.

            “Who do you think those goons were?” Jimmy asked, startling Azlyn from thoughts of her burning home. She shook her head.

            “No idea, but I bet it’s got something to do with Crow’s scratches.” Azlyn said.

            “Yeah, probably.” Jimmy agreed. Another batch of shouting soldiers went sprinting through the streets. It didn’t pass though, no this time it persisted at the door and then came the heart stopping noise. One loud beat of a knock repeated at the door. Weaver was running into the room where Corthus and Crow were immediately.

            “CROW!” Azlyn shouted. The knocking persisted and Jimmy raised Crow’s crossbow and Azlyn grabbed the blade off the table.

            “Open the door!” The soldier yelled and the door was now seizing back in forth due to the force of his hits. Crow came to Azlyn’s side where she expected him to open the door and throw down the soldiers. To do what he’d always done. He didn’t.

            The door fell off its hinges and a flourish of men filled the house. “We’ll take these ones to the courtyard.” One of them yelled violently. “Wait! That’s the Demon Hunter!” He shouted when he realized Crow. Crow lifted his arms to be arrested and he was. “Let’s go!” The soldier yelled again and they took Crow out, leaving the others.

            “I guess we weren’t good enough?” Ellis asked into the empty feel of the air.

            “We’ve got to go save him!” Azlyn said and was already grabbing the second blade. Jimmy grabbed her arm.

            “Wait! We can’t!” Jimmy yelled. Azlyn tried to tear at his grasp but found it impossible with both her hands full.

            “Let me go!” Azlyn yelled and then Corthus touched Jimmy’s shoulder.

            “She’s right, we’ve got to save him but first we’ll need help.” Corthus said and looked at Azlyn.

            The night had met its crowning point, every star in the sky was visible and not even Akira Crystals seemed to light the darkness.

            Crow was being dragged forward, towards the courtyard. Even if he could get out of his captor’s grasps he would have to deal with 13 soldiers fully equipped with blades and armor with no weapons in order to escape. He was screwed as his old friend Perqui would say. Perqui was of course dead now and the thought of him brought back many of his companion’s deaths and their memories and suddenly Crow was distraught in bad memories. They were halfway to the Courtyard when Crow heard the shouts.