Spider's Den

Arkon was nothing less than amazing, towers bolted up into the air all amongst the streets and what it didn’t have in land mass it had in height. It was more than enough inspiration for the group to push into the night to get to the city. They’d gone remarkably unnoticed in the nights so far and there was no doubt that they’d be fine in the twilight.

            Fluorescent lights lit as soon as it became dark and Crow was pleased to see that. Fluorescent lights in such quantity meant one thing, Akira crystals. They sprinted until they came to the outskirts of Arkon where farmers were finishing their days work and houses became more and more common. Great fields of wheat seemed to be the main use of the land around these parts. Crow walked with a pace on the main road that most of the houses were on either side of and the road that most likely led to the gate of Arkon. His hand rested calmly on the end of his hilt in a cane position rather than a wielding way.

            The others were shaken by the curious eyes that watched them as they passed each house. Although the signs of being watched weren’t visible, they were being watched, one could sense it. Lanterns were lit behind closed curtains in the homes and horses sniffled as a horse does at their presence. So many lives were about to be changed. Azlyn thought longingly as she followed Crow’s hasty steps.

            A set of five riders approached quickly as they came to the halfway mark between Outskirts and Arkon. Crow raised a lazy left hand, leaving his blade hand where it was and they all stopped. The horses were swift and the squadron came upon them fast.

            “State your profession Sir.” The lead knight said as his horse came to a halt. He was straight to the point with Crow.

            “I am a Bounty Hunter.” Crow said, the knight’s intimidations had failed.

            “Your prey?” He asked immediately after. Crow took his time with his words. He looked at the others that were hovering behind the lead man, drones of war.

            “I haven’t figured that out yet.” Crohan said and spat.

            “What’s your common prey?”

            “My common prey is that which roams in the dark Sir, I am of no threat.” Crow said with an assuring and casual voice.

            “You’re A Demon Hunter then?” The lead asked and glanced at the others for only a moment, seemingly uninterested by them. Darkness had consumed them.

            “Am I?” Crow asked tauntingly.

            “You are. Come, we’ve been awaiting your arrival.” The knight said and turned a bit. “We’ll meet you at the gate, where you’ll be escorted to The Founder.” The knight signaled for their leave without even hesitation for a response. Their horses fled as fast as they came.

            “What the hell was that about?” Crow announced to his group without turning. The entire group had gone silent and wide eyed. “Why was I just interrogated?” He turned now and glared at the group in the darkness of growing night. “Tell me.”

            “Crow, there’s something you should know.” Fiona said standing out of the group.

            “Yes there is, two things actually what it is you’re all hiding and why it is you’re all hiding it. I need to be able to trust you people, from now on what you know, I know. Spit it out Fiona.” Crow said.

            “The Legion and Arkon say Demon Hunters a-are extinct.” Fiona stuttered the last part.

            “The Legion says Demon Hunter’s are extinct, of course.” Crow showed sarcasm for the first time. He unbuckled his belt and then tossed it at Jimmy. Considering there was a great deal of blades on the belt Jimmy nearly fumbled it and caught it at an odd angle. “I’ve got to do this myself, stick together and I’ll find you when I’m done. Once we’re inside the city we’ll split, familiarize yourselves with it. Hell’s about to descend and when it does, you’ll want to have every advantage.”