Introductions

Crow's steps were light on the old road. It was probably born years ago, centuries ago most likely before the age of the dark and maybe sometime in the age of the grey. Crow didn't much care of history or legends of old and the forthcoming light. He cared about Dibala, whose trail he'd been hot on for four years. 

         Nothing but weed and trees were visible from this point in the wilds but he knew he was getting close to the end of it all. The wilds of course. Crow didn't know how he knew but just knew that he did know. He'd been in them for too many days and nights and would be glad when he didn't camp in danger any longer, there might even be a town in the clearing that he would come to but if he didn't need to, he won't go to it. When hasn't he needed to go to the town though? He always went to the town. The witch always made him go to the town. 

           Grey skies hovered over his dark boots and fair skin. The weather of the past few weeks had been anything but formidable, the storm season had settled and in the north it would begin to snow, if it hadn't already. 

            Snow.

            Kendra came to mind, playing in the snow came to mind. Snow angels crafted into powder came and went at equal speeds. Crow wished he could hold onto those memories, longer than the others at least. 

            The past town had left him with decent advice on the area ahead and had given him fair supplies for his journey, after what he'd slain in their town it was the least they could do and that was hardly being bold. 

            Crow adjusted his satchel's shoulder strap and then admired the sky. He couldn't tell the time but he figured it was drawing closer to night, quicker and quicker. 

           Crow felt the shaking ground before he heard the hooves of the horse behind him, it could've been other things but Crow felt optimistic. He turned and saw the black figure drawing from the grey  tint of light the sky gave. 

            He could use the horse to get out of the wilds before nightfall, he wanted out of it, less than a normal man would but nonetheless he did. “Rider!” Crow hailed as the horse approached. “Rider!” He repeated and the horse declined it’s pace and it’s rider, draped in an ebony cloak came into visual range. 

            Crow glanced up at the rider as he glanced down at him. Each studying each other with a particular fascination and care. Most attributes of the rider were hidden but the blade, mounted on the horse's neck, beneath its reins was very much visible and probably for reason. 

            “You’re not much of a Demon Hunter, I see no Akira symbol, no attire suited for war.” The rider said. It was a woman, Crow immediately took surprise and left it just as quick. Sexism did nothing but falter Crow's senses. 

            “How do you know what I am?” Crow asked the phantom. No response came but rather thunder rumbled across the lands and the Rider was suddenly spooked, like her horse. 

            “I’ve got a truth-sayer in my home town! We’ve got to go a storm’s coming!” She was much more eager to spill the beans now that danger rode behind them but Crow was used to it, well as used to it as one can get. She reached out one hand intending for Crow to ride with her. Another lightning strike was enough for Crow to agree. He was alone out here and without taking her aid, even if she did turn out to be a witch would  be suicide with an oncoming storm.

            “Okay” He said and took her clammy, extended hand. The rain painted down after them and soon consumed them. 

            The crackling embers of the fire they'd constructed rose in between them and gave Crow's face a sort of glow. Crow had supplied caught rabbit and so had she so they each ate luxuriously rather than splitting already scarce amounts of meat.