Ch. 8 Choices

*P.O.V. Terra*

When I woke up I was strapped to a cushioned wood chair in front of a table, with five chairs on the other side. The room had walls of rubber and had candles in the corners in plastic cups. There was no metal in sight. A slab of rubber moved up from the wall. Then they came in. Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven... and Beast Boy. I looked down, away from his face. They all sat in the chairs by the table.

"What do you want." I grumbled, still looking down.

"We're here to give you a choice." Raven said. When I looked up her face was empty.

"What? Aren't I the villain? Aren't you supposed to put me in jail and leave me to rot?" I snapped. She didn't flinch.

"You have two options. One, you can stay here. We'll take turns checking on you every day. You won't be near any type of earth. You won't be free ever again." She stated. I bit my lip. That didn't sound fun.

"Or" Robin said "you can forget."

I looked at him in surprise. Then I looked at the others. They all had empty faces, even BB, though there was tear tracks down his cheeks. I swallowed.

"What?" I squeaked.

"I have the ability to take away your memories." Raven explained. "You would go back to us, wouldn't remember Slade, any of it. You wouldn't be Terre the Traitor. You would be Terra the Titan. Or, if you prefer, you wouldn't remember your powers either. And be Terra the Teenager. A regular girl with a regular life."

I gaped at her. A new start. A new life. I could be... normal.

"Of course" Beast Boy cut in "you could stay with us, remember us, we would could still be friend?" His voice cracked.

I looked at him again, and his eyes were full of tears.

"We'll let you think about it." Raven decided, and they all left.

A new life. No Slade. I could be a school girl, without a care. I laughed at the thought. Me, a school girl? I could also be an honorary Titan, probably at a different base, Beast Boy would be in to much pain if I stayed here. I looked up and closed my eyes. I certainly had a lot to think about.