Chapter 9

"Lisa?" Dean's voice echoed through the hall. Nobody said another word. Lisa was staring at Dean as if Cas didn't exist, apparently she didn't know the news. Castiel wanted to say something, but no words escaped his mouth, he was too surprised. Dean's ex-girlfriend came back here after him and Cas had been together for just a day. Now he also realised where he knew her from. Dean had a picture of her and her son and Cas had seen it once or twice.

'This is ridiculous!' These were Castiel's only thoughts. How stupid this whole situation was, how impossible. The awkward silence was killing him, therefore he decided to say something. "What leads you here? How did you get in here?" Now Lisa seemed to notice Castiel, who was meanwhile holding Dean's hand. "I wanted to talk to Dean...I- Sam opened the door for me, he thought I was in trouble but...sorry are you together or something?"

Dean pulled away his hand and glanced at Cas. That was the worst thing that he could've done. Castiel opened his mouth to say something, but tears filled his eyes and he had to blink them away. 'Why doesn't Dean say anything?' "What did you want to talk to me about?" He changed the topic, distracting from Lisa's question. She frowned but continued. "Let's talk in private..." She looked at Cas and then back at Dean. "...in your room?" Dean nodded and led her to his bedroom. He didn't bother looking back at Cas, who was slowly following them.

He hated himself for spying, but the way Dean was acting was disturbing him. He didn't want to doubt his boyfriend, but Lisa surely had had an important role in Dean's life and he was just scared to lose him. Once the door shut close behind the two of them, Dean started talking. "I thought you'd had an accident and couldn't remember anything?" Lisa smiled softly. Her eyes glistered and she took in every detail of Dean's face. "That's true. But then I found a picture of you in my room and I started to remember the tiniest things..." She trailed off, frowning at the damaged bed in front of her.

Dean followed her look and thought of an excuse, but Lisa didn't seem to care. "Anyway I contacted some people whose numbers were saved in my phone and I could track you down. I just had to see you, I wanted to know if I feel the same..." "What are you trying to say Lisa?" Dean was a bit scared by now. He loved Lisa, he would never stop loving her. But it was rather a brotherly love. He cared for her, he didn't want her to get hurt.

But his true love was Castiel, only Castiel. "I think we should try again, you and me." Dean opened his mouth to say something, but he didn't know what to say to a woman who just asked him for a second chance. Especially when he'd just found somebody.

Meanwhile Castiel was eavesdropping and he surely didn't like the conversation. He heard Lisa asking for a second chance and he also noticed Dean not saying anything. It made his stomach twist. It wasn't like he didn't trust Dean at all, but Lisa was really important to Dean and he could just imagine what Dean was doing right now. 'He's probably kissing her right now, why would he be quiet instead? Maybe he wants her back...maybe he likes her more than me. What am I saying, he certainly likes her more than me...Should I go inside?'

Castiel had never been this insecure in his whole life. He was just too scared to lose Dean. That's when he made a decision. 'Okay, I'll open the door now.' He did what he promised himself and regretted it immediately. What he saw made him cry, he didn't care about hiding his tears anymore. Dean was hugging Lisa and he was...kissing her neck. Why the hell was Dean doing that? Why did he have to take her back? There were so many questions in Castiel's head and he didn't know which one to ask first.

He ignored them and said something else instead. "You jerk." This was all he said. Cas turned around and rushed out of the room, running into his own and locking the door behind him. Dean ran after him, calling him 'Baby' and saying that it wasn't what he thought it was. But Cas knew exactly that it was. He didn't bother answering Dean's calls. He ignored them and hid under his blanket.