Chapter 15

Lucy looked at Dean strangely, biting her lip. "What offer?" "How many years have you already been living?" The girl huffed and looked at her feet. This was surely a question she didn't want to answer. "I think I'm going to bed. We can meet tomorrow morning at the diner." Dean nodded, standing up. "Yeah, it's pretty late." He glanced at his watch as a yawn escaped his lips. It was already 1 am. If he wanted to be fit tomorrow, he would need at least 4 hours of sleep. "7 o'clock?" "Sure."

The two of them said their goodbyes and Lucy walked down the gravel path. 'Should I follow her? What if she leaves town because of me?' Many thoughts crossed Dean's mind. He was scared to lose his only source to Cas. After minutes of considering, Dean decided to follow her. He walked back to the Impala and found her walking her way up to a small house. He had to wait about 10 minutes until the lights went out again. 'She must be in bed. I don't think that she will disappear now.'

He leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes. If anyone left this house, he would notice it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie stood up as she heard Sam snoring. She smiled at the still awake angel on whose shoulder the hunter was currently sleeping. Charlie made her way to the spare bedroom where she laid down and fell asleep immediately. It really had been a rough night for her. Gabriel watched her leave and when she was out of sight, he softly laid his head onto Sam's. "You mean a lot to me, you know that?" The snoring stopped and Gabriel's heart nearly stopped too. 'Fuck, is he awake?' He'd already considered what he should say as an excuse, but as soon as the angel thought about it, the snoring continued. He let out a relieved breath.

'Thanks, dad.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning sun was shining right into Dean's face. He opened his eyes with a groan and glanced at his watch. It was 6.30 now and he had to leave immediately. If Lucy saw him sleeping in front of her house, she wouldn't trust him anymore. She would think he was a psycho.

Dean turned on the engine and drove along the road until he saw the familiar diner on the left side. He parked right in front of it, so that Lucy would recognise his car.

The bell rang again as Dean entered. He was greeted with a friendly face that belonged to a beautiful woman. She led him to a table and wrote down what he wanted to eat. "Bacon and scrambles eggs. Okay!" It took Lucy about 10 minutes until she arrived -still 15 minutes too early. Dean's food was already half eaten as she sat down across from him.

"You don't have to work today?" "No. It's my day off." Dean nodded and the waitress came back to greet Lucy. She seemed to be really disappointed that Dean wasn't alone anymore. As if she just decided to make a move and finally ask him on a date and now another girl was with him.

She acted like nothing was wrong and took her order. There weren't many people here, so the waitress, Amy, soon came back with Lucy's food and the two ate in silence for a while.

As soon as Dean's plate was empty, he started a conversation. "Should we talk about my offer now?" Lucy nodded and swallowed the piece of pancake she was chewing. "You asked me how many years I've been living. You should know that the witch, Rowena, helped me to stop aging." "Yeah, I figured so much. Now tell me." "I was born on January 20th, 1899." "You've been living for 120 years?"

"Could you please keep your voice down?" Lucy shushed him and leaned in a bit. "Yes I have. I just wanted to protect this town, you know? But now that I have nothing more than one single life.." "Yeah. And that's exactly my offer. You've been on this earth for so long, you've been protecting this town. But I think it's time to let go."