Chapter 10

Heather was starting to come too as RJ was carrying her back to the log. "RJ?" She mumbled.

This made RJ looked down at her and smiled. "Hey, sleeping beauty."

"What happened?" Lilith said, running towards them. The family stopped as they finally reached their home, RJ softly let her stand on her two feet, Bucky ran and jumped up. "A raccoon saved us!"

"And he was so cool!" Quillo reminded.

"And he also said something about RJ's dad!" Spike smiled. Everyone's eyes fell on RJ, who was still. "RJ..." Verne started. "I think we need some answers."

This made the raccoon sigh. "Alright...When I was just a kid, my mother died from the weed-whacker incident, that was one of the things I didn't lie to you guys about." They all nodded.

"So, after the said weed-hacker killed my mom, my dad and I left our old home, traveling from place to place." He chuckled as he ran a paw on his bag. "This bag was actually his, after a while, he met a pregnant female raccoon, they fell in love, but it didn't last long since we were attacked by wolves, my father told us to run...and we did." He stopped to take a deep breath. "After we returned, all that was left...was this."

RJ threw his bag in front of the pack of animals. Shocking them. "Before his girlfriend or whatever had the chance to take it, I took it, and I ran, without looking back. That was when I met Vincent, we started to do a couple of picnic heists and such. Then came the whole...y'know." He chuckled sadly. "So yeah."

The family was shocked, unable to even process what RJ had to go through, the porcupine kids held their mom and dad close, sad to hear RJ's story. Heather lightly smiled.

"If it makes you feel any better, I was the same way." Everyone glanced at Heather, RJ especially.

"Heather-"

"No, dad. He has to hear this." She took her own deep breath. "I was born in this wild family of mixed animals." She gestured to everyone, making them sadly chuckle.

"My mom was one of sweetest people you would have met, she always put everyone in front of her, even me. One night, we were attacked by a dog-"

"-Which Heather now has a fear of!" Hammy interrupted. Making Heather glare at him. "Yes. Thank you, Hammy. Verne decided that we all run different directions to confuse the dog, once we did though, the dog saw me, a-and it ran towards me...all I saw was a flash of white then I saw black."

Heather shakily sighed as Ozzie was looking away, tearing up. "Dad held me in his chest as he covered my ears...my mom died protecting me."

"I'm really sorry Heat-"

"Oh, it's fine. It happened a while ago." Everyone stood silent. Then RJ smiled. "Well, it sucks now that you have Verne as a mom figure now-"

"Excuse me?" This made everyone chuckle and laugh. "S-Sorry. I have this thing where if five seconds pass and nobody says anything, I-it gets awkward." RJ explained.

"What really stinks is that Gladys is back!" Stella growled, taking the color off of her mate and throwing it in the pond near their log.

"Who's Gladys?" Lilith asked.

"She works with the human who kidnapped you, Dwayne, or the sniffer as we call him."

"Oh no!" She backed up in fear. RJ pats her head. "Don't worry, they don't know where we are, or where we live. But first things first, we have to prepare."

"Prepare for what, RJ?" Tiger asks worriedly. RJ sighed. "Prepare for the worst." He glances at the map that he showed the animals the first time he came here, it read;

Future Development