Chapter 9

RJ watched the black long haired woman, hum to herself, cooking in the kitchen while the window was open, this, of course, RJ knew it would be.

"Tiger, let me know when you're in." He said into the walkie-talkie.

"Of course," Tiger said, kicking the receiver into the bushes, he positioned himself on the doormat, and meowed, and kept meowing until the lady opened up.

"Well aren't you the most precious thing! Come here kitty! Let's get you fed!" She picked Tiger up and brought him inside, closing the door after her. She set him down and went outside, taking care of some business. The cat took that time to grab a spoon, using the sun to reflect off it, he shined it towards RJ.

"Okay, Bucky, Qullio, vent!" RJ whispered to them. They nodded and opened the vent shaft, heading in, and making less noise as possible.

Verne and his team, however, were hiding in the bushes of their houses backyard, seeing the woman smile as she put a ton of snacks and food on the table. "Bingo. Stella, hand me "the tool"." Stella did so, it was RJ's prized fishing rod. After the lady went back inside, he released it, making it not hooked to anything.

"Jeepers. That's bad luck right there."

"Thank you, Penny. That is just what I needed."

"VERNE!!!" Everyone stopped to hear RJ yelling. He must have found out that he took his fishing rod.

"Whatever, let's get the food while we can! Move out!" Verne said, everyone, following him.

RJ and his team made it into the house with the help of Quillo and Bucky, since they unlocked the door for them. RJ smirked as he opened the fridge.

"Come to Pap-" once he opened it, it was empty.

"Pa..." he finished. He looked to his side to see the cabinet's empty as well. "What?!"

As soon as Verne reached the table and grabbed a bowl, he noticed something off about the chips. They were fake. "What the?"

"VERNE! LOOK OUT!" Verne didn't have time to react until everyone was in cages, both teams were.

"Uh...is this part of the competition?" Hammy questioned. "I don't think so, Hammy." Verne and his team turned their heads to see RJ and his team captured as well, a lady was bringing them all out, except for Tiger.

"RJ, You okay?!" Verne asked concerned.

"I'm fine, just fine. I wanna know-"

"What's going on?" The lady finished for him, making him questioned everything he knew about a human. She cackled.

"I don't understand you, I just figured thats what's going through your little tiny minds right now." She smirked. "Y'know, I spent a lot of time in prison planning this."

RJ and Verne's eyes widen as they back up. This wasn't just any lady.

"Guess who's back, Vermits." She smirked.

"Gladys? Wow! Prison treated you well!" RJ joked.

"Where is my mate! You better tell me now before I rip that weave you call hair from your ugly head and stink you to death!" Stella growled, making Hammy and Ozzie back up a bit in their cages.

"Oh, I do realize that my little baby came back home! But after he got settled in, he bit me! Maybe it's because of you, rats!" She kicked Heather's cage, making her fall.

"Okay, now you're getting my rabies flowing!" RJ growled at the lady, making her shocked. "Well, Well, Well! Have I found your weakness, coon?"

She picked up the cage with the younger possum, but when she looked in there, she saw Heather playing dead. Raising an eyebrow, she grabbed Heather by the scruff and let her hang loose. Knowing Heather, everyone knew she was faking.

"Heather, when you get the chance, run," RJ whispered to her.

"No! Stay Possum!" Ozzie panicked. But she did neither, once Gladys brought her closer for examination, Heather unleashed her claws and swung, making Gladys drop her. She quickly went for the cages, but the lady was too quick, she growled and kicked the possum as hard as she could, leaving her to hit a shed, making her now unconscious.

"Heather!" Her Family screamed, RJ reaching out of the cage while Ozzie sobbed. RJ growled and banged up against the bars.

"Now, stop that! VermTech will be here soon to take care of you, animals!" Gladys smiled evilly and went to go back inside, closing and locking the screen door. Making a call to VermTech.

"Now what?! We're all going to die!" Bucky yelled.

"Have a little faith in your Uncle RJ." RJ chuckled nervously.

"Oh, you have a plan? That was fast-"

"No, Verne! I don't have a plan! I don't have one at all!"

"Maybe that guy does!" Hammy pointed to where Heather was. Everyone turned to see a Black Raccoon, the size of RJ, looking at Heather, hearing for a heartbeat. This, of course, made RJ a bit steamy.

"Hey! Shadow! Why don't you go be alone in the dark again! Shoo!" RJ yelled. He soon shut up as the Racoon looked at him, his eyes were a much more electric blue, brighter and heavier. Instead of a black mask, he had a white one, in fact, his colors were inverted from RJ's.

"Do you want my help, or not?" He asked in a calm voice.

"No!" The family replied.

"Yeah! Please!" Verne said.

"Verne!" RJ growled.

"We don't have a choice RJ! We don't!"

"But what if he works for Gladys?!"

"We don't know that-"

"Verne!"

"Just shut up RJ!" Everyone gasped. RJ did so as Verne gave him a glare, much like to when they first met. The black coon first made it towards Verne's cage, opening it for him. Verne struck out his hand.

"Verne." The coon just dismissed it.

"Jet." He replied, unlocking everyone's, he then approached RJ's. Scanning him like he was in a museum.

"Lemme guess, Ronald's son?"

"Who?" Ozzie questioned.

"H-How did you-" RJ stuttered.

"My mom knew him. You look just like him."

"How did your mom know him?" Quillo questioned. He turned to the little kid. "They dated for 'bout a year?"

"Excuse me, what in the wide world is going on?" Stella snapped, making Jet shake his head. "No time to explain. Take your Snow White and get out of here." Jet unlocked RJ's cage.

"We're not leaving without Tiger!" Lou reminded.

"Who?"

"The cat! We're not leaving without the cat!" RJ growled at Jet.

"Look, the Cat is a lost cause, you might as well-" they heard a beeping sound, then Tiger ran out of the cat door.

"Hurry, my friends!" Leaving everyone stunned.

"You heard the cat, let's move," RJ said coldly, leaving the shadow coon there. He picked up Heather, giving him one glare, then turning to leave. The family quickly thanked him a did the same, Verne looked at RJ, which he could tell he was not happy. He sighed.

Verne would have to talk to him later.