Chapter 3

RJ rubbed his temple as he was getting a headache. He was working on a new plan to get 10x the food they had been getting. He promised. He remembers it just like that.

"Ugh! We're out of Spuddies...AGAIN!" Bucky groaned as he dropped the empty container.

"But didn't we just get some yesterday?" Stella questioned.

"Yeah! That's the worst part!" Bucky shot back Lilith walked out of the log, finished counting the food.

"We only have a quarter of food left guys." She said. Various groans came from the family.

"How about this..." RJ started. They all turned to him.

"I PROMISE I will finish a plan to get us 5 no, 10X the food we get now!" He said. They all hummed and agreed.

"Are you sure you're going to get it done?" Verne asked concerned. RJ forced a smile on his face as he took a deep breath.

"Sure!" He said.

He was regretting that outburst. He hasn't been getting enough sleep and getting headaches more often.

"Hey RJ, you need some help?" A female voice came from behind, it was Heather.

"Nah. I'm good." He smiled while talking. He looked back at the map he had sitting on a rock.

"You sure? Those eyes are telling me the truth." Heather joked. RJ chuckled.

"I...I shouldn't have said what I said yesterday." He admitted.

"About the 10x food thing?" She questioned. He nodded.

"I can't figure out how to pass the door and window traps quietly." He reasoned. She looked at the house pictures and the traps. She notices the living room picture and glanced at one thing: the fireplace.

"There." She smiled. Grabbing a green marker and circled the fireplace. RJ looked confused at her.

"Do you have a picture of the roof?" She asked. He handed it to her. She circled the chimney with the marker.

"Oh..." He stared at amazement. And with that, his headache fades away...