Chapter 8

Verne ended picking Penny, Ozzie, Spike, Stella, and Hammy. Leaving RJ with Heather, Lou, Bucky, Quillo, and Tiger. Since there were thirteen people in the family, Lilith agreed to be the judge to even it all out.

"Okay teams! You will have one day to plan the said heist, which will be tomorrow, then, the day after tomorrow you will do the heist! Understand?" Lilith smiles as she stood on top of the log.

"Kinda..?" Quillo questioned.

"Good! Now get a good nights sleep! Since this is basically a competition, some will sleep in the log, others will sleep in the pad.

"I CALL THE PAD!" Hammy yelled, making everyone cover their ears as he zooms off.

"I guess we'll take the log then..." Tiger shrugs.

"And I sleep in a tree! Good luck to all!" Lilith hopped off and went to go climb a regular tree, the two teams split up, going to their respected places.

"So, uncle RJ, what's the plan?" Bucky asked as everyone entered in the log.

"I'm glad you asked! Remember Gladys' house?" RJ questioned with a smirk, everyone nodded fearfully. He pulled out a picture of a remodeled version of it, along with the new owner. "That is the house we are going to hit!" RJ laughed triumphantly as he pulled out a small flashlight, making the whole log light up.

"Why Gladys' house? It's very dangerous!" Lou pointed out.

"Ah, Ah, Ah! It was dangerous! But since there's a new owner, it's not so bad! I've been scoping it out before we did our first heist of the spring! Bonus, Verne being the caring guy he is, he won't hit it. So jackpot right?"

Everyone shook their heads nervously.

"Right." RJ smiled as he put up everything. Proud of his plan.

"Alright Verne, what's your plan?" Stella questioned, putting a paw on her hip. "I was thinking of doing an outdoor cookout."

"A cookout? Come on uncle Verne! I bet RJ is doing a house-" Spike was interrupted by his mother shushing him. "Please continue, Verne."

"Thank you." He cleared his throat. "The cookout is the most logical option since there will be multiple people there, it will be more times the food! I was planning on doing this house that a nice woman just moved in to."

"But won't there be people outside? It will make us more...weak!" Ozzie said dramatically.

"Not if we strike at the right time. Better safe than sorry, right? Cause what are we?"

"Foragers!"

"And what do we forage?"

"Food!"

"Right!" Verne smirked in victory. Unbeknownst to him, the Raccoon was watching with his binoculars. He chuckled as he rested his head on his paw. "Oh, you poor, poor reptile."

One thing was for sure.

Both teams couldn't wait to do this heist.

(So, who do you think is going to win? Team RJ or Team Verne? Why? ^^)