Chapter 2

RJ walked back with Heather towards the log.

"Where did you guys go?" Quillo questioned, tilting his head.

"Heather, being the slowpoke she is-" RJ started, smirking. She lightly pushed RJ.

"Hey! I fell in one of the potholes and my tail got stuck." She laughed as she lightly punched RJ's arm. Ohhh's could be heard from the family.

"Anyways! Let's put up this food and get this wagon out of the way." RJ exclaimed, trying to calm down his cheeks. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Unknown to them, a young barn owl about the size and age of Heather were watching them. She was a soft tan color, however, she had a white face. Her black-brown eyes sparkled as she looked at the food-filled log. She glides down the tree and looked around. She also saw a blue small golf bag. She stuff what she could in there and took off. Ignoring the callings from other animals.

"Okay! So let me just get some popcorn, get the movie going, and then we can chillax!" RJ reasoned. Hammy raised his hand.

"Yes..hammy?" RJ said.

"Oh uh, there's a bird and your bag is gone," Hammy said excitedly. RJ's face got into shocked as he turned to the log to see his bag gone. He looked back to see hammy was right.

"HEY!" RJ yelled and zoomed to where the owl was going. He climbed up one of the trees and hopped from branches. He hopped in front of the bird. He pounced on her and they rolled In front of the family.

"N-No! Stop! Sorry!" She first yelled, but it soon went into a small whisper. She handed the raccoon his bag back. He grabbed his golf club and pointed at the owl.

"Who are you?" He shot back.

"M-Many people call me Lilith." She answered, a soft voice showing. RJ softened up a bit.

"Lilith?" He questioned. She slowly nodded. Heather stood up.

"W-Why didn't you fly away?" Heather asked.

"Heather!" Ozzie whisper shouted.

"This awful man captured me," Lilith answers back as she looks at Heather, getting up and showing her wing, some feathers were missing. "He pulled out some of my feathers so I couldn't fly, they grow back, in three months."

"That's so sad..." She softly said. RJ went over to Verne.

"You think..?" He questioned, still panting from the pounce and chase.

"Rj...she's young and hurt, if you don't do this, I might have to slap you," Verne said as he looked back at Lillith then RJ. RJ nodded, so he turned back.

"Do you want to be part of this?" He gestured to the family. Lilith gleamed.

"R-really?!" She questioned. Everyone nodded.

"Welcome to the family," Ozzie said as everyone hugged her. She smiled.