Chasing Her [5]

[A/N]: thanks to everyone who's voted for this story! :) it makes me really happy. i still need help with actors/actresses, so please if you know any good ones tell me! By the way, sorry that this is so short! I promise to try and make the next chapter longer! Now, onto the chapter!

Chasing Her - Chapter Five

Hazel Smithe 

Somehow my brother managed to get me to go on that stupid spinning ride with him seven. freaking. times. I swear he will pay for that. My head was in a daze and I felt nauseous. Not to mention that my shoulder hurts because the one way we would spin caused Alden's shoulder to ram mine into the side of the seat. 

I slowly made my way towards my brother and his friends after making sure Brian wasn't around. 

"That's it, I'm never going on that ride again." I complained. I pinched the bridge of my nose to try and stop the oncoming headache. It came anyway and it felt like someone was pounding on the inside of my skull. If this is what a hangover felt like, I can tell you one thing: I'm never getting drunk. 

"I told you not to go on it, but nooooo you just had to." Oliver said poking me in the face. I slapped his hand away and glared at him. 

"What time is it and where is Rachel?" 

"Uhmm, I think she's somewhere inside and it's almost midnight." Michael replied. I heard footsteps behind me and inhaled the scent of Alden. Letting out a groan and turned around to look at him.

"I'm never going on that ride with you again. Ever." I said, then pushed past him to get inside. Most of the adults were in the living room chatting away about how grown up everyone was and different things from the news. I looked around but couldn't find Rachel anywhere. I was making my way down a hall, looking for a bathroom when someone reached out and pulled me into a room. Instantly a hand flew over my mouth, suppressing a scream and by the tingles I knew who it was. 

"Why were you so eager to get away from me before, mate?" Brian huskily whispered in my ear. He took his hand away from my lips and waited for my answer.

"I don't want a mate, and I'm not ready for one." I told him truthfully. I guess in way I was rejecting him but hey, if I'm not ready, I'm not ready. 

"Don't lie." His breath swirled around my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"I'm not lying!" I yelled at him. He pressed a kiss to my ear, trailing them to my jaw bone then my cheek. He kissed the corner of my lips and before he had a chance to go any farther, I pushed him away with as much force as possible. I luckily caught him off guard and made him stumbled back a few steps. I quickly found the doorknob in the darkroom and made my way out, slamming the door behind me. 

I ran back outside and tumbled into Rachel. We ended up on a pile on the grass. I apologized and got off of her. 

"Come on we have to go!" I exclaimed, grabbing her arm and dragging her to my car. Once we got in, I turned it on and made my way away from the house as fast as possible. I sped down the road, making it to Rachel's house in ten minutes flat.

"Jeez girl, were you trying to get in a car accident?" She yelled at me as I walked with her to her door. I shook my head and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I just really needed to get away from there." 

"Did something happen with Brian?" 

"Well... sort of. He almost kissed me but I ran out before he could.." I admitted as she unlocked the door. She shook her head before stepping inside. 

"You have one messed up brain. Who wouldn't want to kiss him? You should've let him." Yeah you should've. My wolf agreed with her. I didn't care how much my wolf wanted him, the truth was I didn't want to be with him. At least not now.. I'm still not over Evan and I'm not sure if I ever will be. "Well, I had fun tonight. Bye."

"Goodnight. I'll see you later." I replied before she closed the door. I sighed and made my way to my car. As I drove away from Rachel's house, all I could think about was the way Brian's lips felt against my skin. I tried to push it out of my mind, but no matter what it wouldn't go away. They were moist and soft, leaving behind a trail of electricity across my face. 

When I reached my house, I parked my car in the garage before running into the backyard. I stripped down behind a tree and shifted into my wolf. I scooped up my clothes and ran through the trees. Where was I going, you may ask? I was going to the one place that would always be my safe haven. It was a little cabin that sat fairly close to a small lake in the middle of the forest. No one else knew about the cabin expcept my brothers, for it wasn't part of our territory, but we came to an agreement with the pack who owned the land. 

When I was sad or depressed, I would come here to cry in peace. Or if I was confused to the point where thinking about the situation made my brain ache I would sit in the cabin and stare out at the lake as I thought things through. 

After about thirty minutes of running, I reached the cabin doors and shifted. I pulled my clothes on before making my way inside. 

Now, when I said this cabin was small, I really meant it. As soon as you walked in, to your left was a small fridge, a stove, and sink and to your right was the living room. The worn couch was an ugly green color  but extremely comfortable to sit on and sat in front of the stone fireplace. At the feet of the couch was an old rug with rings that went around, starting in the middle with an orange then making it's way out to different shades of browns and reds. 

Situated in a pile next to the fireplace was a pile of wood, a bucket full of ashes plus a small hand sweep, and an iron rod to move the pieces of wood around. I quickly scooped out some remaing ashes before setting the new wood in and lighting it on fire. 

Behind the couch was a bed covered in a quilt that my grandmother made for me when I was a baby and a dresser for extra clothes. I looked through the drawers, finding a pair of blue fluffy pajama pants and a white tank top to put. 

Once everything was the way I wanted it, I put water into an old kettle and set it on the stove to heat up. I waited for a minute or two before I heard the whistle and poured it into a mug full of hot cocoa mix. 

I sat down infront of the fireplace, my face almost burning from the intense heat. I decided it would be better if I moved to the couch, and once there my face felt better. I dug underneath the cushions to find a case of CD's and popped one into the stereo then turned it on. 

As the music played, I sat there staring out the window at the lake as lightening flashed and thunder boomed through the forest contemplating my whole love life. I was sad. No, sad wasn't the word. Utterly -without-a-doubt-confused-and-seriously-depressed was a much better explanation. I could be overjoyed and mated to the one who was destined to love me, but I was still hopelessly head over in heals in love with Evan and I just couldn't leave him, even though he left me. 

He left me on this stupid lonely place they called Earth to mourn and cry over him. 

A tear escaped my eyes as a song that seemed to describe my life played on the radio. 

♫ Let me riddle you a ditty, it’s just an itty bitty, little thing on my mind.

About a boy and a girl, trying to take on the world one kiss at a time.

Now the funny thing about, ain’t a story without it, but the story is mine.

And I wish you could say, that it ended just fine. 

 I closed my eyes and made myself a promise. I shall never love anyone ever again.