Chasing Her [6]

[A/N]: sorry if I don't update that frequently, I just got back to school last week so my schedule is all mixed up. :\ sorry for it's shortness, I promise next chapter will be longer and you'll finally meet Melinda and Lisa! Oh and I hope this covers up any questions about Brian that you might of had!

slideshow is of some covers! tell me which one you like the best (:

Chasing Her - Chapter Six

Hazel Smithe 

I awoke to sunlight burning my eyes. I had fallen asleep late last night on the couch after finishing three cups of hot cocoa and listening to an hour's worth of sad songs. I guess you could say I was feeling better, but there was still an ache in my chest.

I pushed my arms up above my head, stretching out my muscles before cracking my back. Bending over backwards, I got it to crack all the way up and it felt nice. Next I loosened my sore leg muscles and began rubbing my feet. They were tired from all of the running needed to get here and I knew it would cause me to take extra time to get back to my house. 

Taking three steps, I was in the kitchen area and pulled out some items for breakfast. I grabbed a pan, setting it on the stove and turning it on before pulling out bacon. I carefully layed a few pieces down then got out a box of eggs. In a seperate pan I made myself a omelt filled with ham, cheese, a few bacon pieces and some spinach. 

Once I was finished, I stripped out of my pajamas, threw on a simple light purple bikini and grabbed my towel before heading down to the lake. I walked out to the very end of the dock and set down my towel before opening the sun screen I had brought.  After putting it on, I swiftly jumped in the lake, sending out small waves that rocked the tiny canoe attached to the dock. 

I took a deep breath and held myself under the water. This was the one place where I could go to get away from the noise and stress of every day. The only thing I could hear where the sounds of the water and my ears popping. Soon my lungs were begging for air but I ignored their pleas. 

Maybe If I passed out, I'd get to see Evan one more time... I felt darkness enclose around me, but before it could fully take over I was yanked above the water by two pairs of strong arms. I gasped, hastily pulling in oxygen before I heard someone talking.

"What do you think she's doing here?" A deep voice questioned.

"It looked like she was trying to drown herself." Another male voice replied. Correction, I wasn't trying to drown just simply pass out for an hour or two... I slowly pulled my eyelids open to be greeted with a pair of blue eyes. "What were you doing?" 

"Trying to pass out, not drown myself." I said in a 'duh' sort of tone. "Besides I own that cabin up there on the hill." 

"Oh very well then." Blue-eyed replied. His hair just so happened to be the perfect shade of blonde. How perfect. "I'm Charlie, and this is Nick." He pointed to the other guy who had light brown hair and grey eyes.

"Well, my name is Hazel." I told them before pushing myself up of the ground. Do I just meet someone new everywhere I go? "Now I'll just continue taking a peaceful swim." I was about to step back into the water when Nick grabbed my arm. "What now?!"

"You really think we want to let you get back in there? What are you trying to pass out for anyways?" Nick asked. I blew out a deep breath and tried to explain my theory of seeing Evan to them.

"Well, uhm.. There's this person.. who's kind of important to me... and... h-he's.." I stuttered, tears forming in my eyes. Nick pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back. "H-he's dead."