Chasing Her [2]

[A/N]: Hello! So here is chapter two! The picture on this side is a picture of Hazel, just imagine her hair longer and her eyes green.  I hope you enjoy, and if you do don't forget to vote, comment, and fan. (:

Chasing Her - Chapter Two

Hazel Smithe

Before lunch I met up with Alden at his locker which wasn't far from the cafeteria. I watched as he threw all of the books he no longer needed into his locker and then shut it.

"So, how's your day so far?" He questioned as we made our way toward the lunch room and got in line. He got us both a tray and I started to fill mine with pizza, a salad, some snacks, and a bottle of water.

"It's been good. I met up with a friend from middle school, but I haven't seen Melinda, Rachel, or Lisa yet." I said with a sigh. I wanted to know the reason to them not hanging out anymore so badly. The only thing I could think of that would tear them apart would be if one of us lied about something huge or started hanging out with the mean populars, Shannon, Kennedy, and Alexis.

"Oh cool. My day's been good. I haven't gotten in trouble yet, plus I got two girls' numbers." Alden replied as we reached the front of the line. I punched in my lunch and waited for him to finish. Of course he was the one to flirt and be successful, he was always the one looking for some fun. "Come on, you can sit with my group of friends for today."

"Okay thanks." I said, following him through the tables to a group who was sitting at a corner table. I looked at his friends, there were three boys and two girls, all who were werewolves.

“Hey guys, this is my sister Hazel.” He said while putting his tray down. I set my tray down too, but something in me refuse to sit down.

“Damn, she’s hot.” A blonde haired boy replied. His hair just barely fell into his dark brown eyes and his lips curved up into a playful smile. I was almost tempted to slap him across the face.

“Cole, you are not allowed to touch my sister. The same goes for the rest of you.”

“What’s going to stop me?” Cole replied.

“Well for one, you’ll have to go through Oliver and I.” He paused sending me a wink. “And two, she’s unavailable..”

“But h-he’s...” I began to stutter out. Tears burned in my eyes as I thought about Evan. God damnit, can’t I just go two seconds without him flooding my brain?

“Well, technically you guys are still together..” I guess he was sort of right, it’s not like we ever really broke up. I felt someone tug on my arm, pulling me out of the trance I didn’t know I was in.

“Stop it Alden, you’re making her cry.” A girl’s voice said. On instinct my hand flew up to my face, wiping away the tears I didn’t know were there. By now my cheeks were bright pink and I wished I had never come to school today. “I’m Jane, and this is Abigail.” She said pointing to the ginger sitting next to her.

“I’m Cole.” The same blonde from before said.

“I’m Josh.” A brunette with sparkling green eyes said. “I’m sorry, but I’m off limits, I’ve already got myself a mate.”

“I’m Evan.” Another brunette with pale grey eyes said. Evan.. More tears swelled in my eyes, and soon they were pouring down my face. Evan, Evan, Evan, Evan, Evan. Why the hell can’t I get away from Evan!?

“Evan...” I whispered before I could catch myself. “Evan..”

“Dude, you already made her cry. Way to go.” I heard Josh say, elbowing him in the side. I suddenly felt as if I couldn’t breathe and I knew I had to get out of the cafeteria. I forcefully shoved my chair in, and made a run for it.