Chasing Her [3]

[A/N]: Chapter three! :) I really love this chapter, I've had the idea in my mind for this for a while now, I just had to wait to get chapter two finished. I hope you enjoy, and don't forget to vote, comment, and fan if you haven't already! The picture on the side is of Rachel.  The external link should lead to a picture of a tire horse swing for those who have no idea what it looks like, plus I can't exactly describe to you what it looks like.

Chasing Her - Chapter Three 

Hazel Smithe 

Luckily on Tuesday, I went to school and managed to keep Evan out of mind. It was hard, but I was determined not to cry at all during school. By Wednesday I had my schedule and the way to all of my classes memorized, plus I managed to get put into some classes with Rachel. Jared and Michael also started coming to school, but I was still curious as to who the third rogue was. 

"Come on, when are we going to get to meet him?" Alden whined, which is something he usually never does. I couldn't help but laugh at him, earning a smack to my arm. I playfully punched him back but then stopped before he could do anything else to me. I may be a girl, but I'm also his sister so apparently he can wrestle with me all he wants too. 

"You'll get to meet Brian later at the party." Michael said before continuing to eat his lunch. 

"Finally! What's been taking so long?" Alden questioned.

"We were looking for a place to live, so he was busy." Jared said. For some reason the discussion about Brain stopped and everyone went back to whatever they were talking about before. I happily ate my turkey sandwich and snacks, fulfilling my wolf so she would shut up.

I'm bored. Let's go for a run. My wolf's voice echoed inside my head. Even though I wanted to make her happy, I wasn't about to just split school. Why not? 

Because, I don't want to get in trouble. I hissed back before blocking her out. It seemed that every time she talked to me it had to do going on a run. I would love to take one, but I wasn't the let's-skip-school-because-we-can-and-don't-care kind of person. I especially hated it when I came in late and everyone would stare at me like I was growing a second head. 

Finally the lunch bell rang, causing me to grab my bookbag and run towards my next class as fast as possible. The day went by slowly which was absolutely frustrating because a) not only was I excited to hang out with my best friend, but b) for some reason I was more excited than I should be to meet Brain. 

As soon as ninth period was over, I hightailed it to my car and shoved my brother in before he could say a word. Within seconds we were off to home where I could start getting ready for the party.

When I was inside my house I immediately started working on my homework so it wouldn't be a problem later. By the time I was done I looked at the clock and realized I had two hours before the party. I couldn't think of anything to do to pass time, so I decided to text Rachel.

Me: Hey, can you come over now? I'm bored.

Rachel:  Yeah, let me finish up some stuff and I'll be right over. 

Me: K, see ya soon. I plugged my phone into charge as I rummaged through my dresser, looking for the perfect outfit to wear. I finally came up with a pair of shorts that stopped about an inch or two above my knee and a light blue t-shirt. I decided that makeup could wait until Rachel came, although she's never been that into it. 

After about fifteen minutes of listening to random songs and running around my house, Rachel finally knocked on the door. I opened and said 'hello' after checking her outfit. She was adorned in dark shorts, a grey t-shirt that was covered in paint splatters, and had a pair of black converse on. Her hair was pulled into a loose ponytail and her bag was slung across her shoulder.