Chasing Her [14]

[A/N]: okay so I hope the length of this chapter makes up for the shortness of the last one. I promise to try and make every chapter around 3-4 pages, so there won't be any more of those shorts ones anytime soon. Enjoy!

Chasing Her - Chapter Fourteen

Hazel Smithe

I flopped down on my bed with a sigh, shoving my headphones into my ears. I had just gotten out of the shower and was actually quite excited for tomorrow. Brian and I were going to hang out after school to get to know each other better, the first step to becoming more then friends. Slipping under my covers, I soaked in their warmth and drifted off into a peaceful slumber. 

------

The next morning I awoke to my alarm clock and forced myself to get out of bed, feeling happier than usual. I quickly pulled on a pair of jean capri's and a light green top, slipping on my shoes before getting some breakfast. With my music playing I danced around the kitchen as I made myself some food, wondering why I was enthusiastic this morning.

That's because we have a date today! My wolf shouted inside my mind. 

It's not a date! I called back. She just snorted before shutting up. Once Alden was ready I jumped in my car and drove to school. 

"See you later!" I exclaimed, jumping out of the car and running towards the school. I heard my brother ask something along the lines of 'why are you so freaking happy today?' but didn't bother to answer him. I skipped, literally skipped through the hallways to my locker and grabbed my supplies.

School went on without a hitch, and when I reached my house I was bubbling with excitement. Waiting in my room, I had music blaring and my mind was running wild with thoughts about Brian. Every now and then a naughty thought would somehow manage to lodge itself in my brain, but I quickly got rid of those.

Bad Hazel! You're just going to be friends! I scolded myself. 

Finally after screaming about an hour's worth of song lyrics, Brian was here to pick me up for our little 'date'. We were  going to a coffee shop and then to a park. I thought it was a really cute idea, seeing as I loved the park even though I was a teenager. 

"Why hello there." I said once I opened up the door to greet him. He was wearing a somewhat-tight dark blue t-shirt that helped show off his muscles and I saw him smirk when he realized I was checking him out. I just narrowed my eyes at him while he looked over me. I was still wearing that same outfit from school. 

"Hey." He finally spoke, holding his hand out to me. "Let's get going." 

I hesitantly placed my hand in his, tingles shooting up my arm. Brian smiled, obviously feeling the same sparks. We hopped into his black truck and arrived at Anna's Love a few minutes later. It was my favorite place to go, especially when I had a hot chocolate craving. 

We sat down in a booth, gazing at the menus that were already at the table. A few minutes later a waiter named Liam walked up to us asking what we wanted.

"Regular coffee, please." Brian said, setting his menu back in it's place.

"Hot chocolate." I said, giving him a smile. He walked away and came back with our drinks, setting them down before giving us our bill. Brian paid for everything and we took a few sips before the talking began. "So what do you want to know?" 

"Anything." 

"How about we just play twenty questions or something?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow. I wasn't exactly the best at telling people about myself unless you gave me a subject to work without.