Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Alexander)

As excited as I was for Friday, I was still stuck with Storm for the next three days.

I got up shortly before noon and dressed in a black V-neck with a matching sweatshirt over top and snug stretchy jeans. I laced up my converse and got up off the bed, glancing at myself in the mirror and the way my blonde hair was brushed over my forehead. I flipped it out of my face before heading out of my room, just as Storm was emerging from his.

He wore a skintight black V-neck sweater and his leather pants, tall boots that were ready to stomp on anything. As dangerous as he looked, I had come to learn that Storm wasn't all that dangerous. He was very big on rules and followed them to a T, even human rules.

"Did you have anything planned?" Storm asked me as we headed down the stairs. I shrugged a little, opening the front door so the scent of fall billowed into the house, making Storm take a deep breath as if he were relieved.

"Not particularly," I admitted as we came out, shutting the door behind us, "We could walk to the park. They have swings I like to sit on, and... Well, I sort of want to know who I'm getting married to, so we could talk."

"You don't have to be formal with me," Storm responded calmly, a hand in the pocket of his leather pants as we walked down the sidewalk, "I know you're hardly interested in me." I frowned a little, shifting uncomfortably as I glanced up at him.

Man, he was so tall. He had to be at least half a foot taller than me and his muscles bulged, while my body was lean and slender. He was built like a cowboy and I was built like a swimmer. My muscles were leaner, which explained why people thought they could take advantage of me physically. I usually ended up surprising them when I busted their face open.

Or head, I thought with a wince.

"I don't want to marry a stranger." I pointed out quietly, my hands in the pockets of my sweatshirt as we walked. Storm's boots clomped heavily and dangerously while my sneakers just smacked the sidewalk gently.

"I suppose not," Storm agreed at last, his bright eyes scanning the terrain, "What would you like to know?" I blinked, staring straight ahead for a while.

I hadn't expected him to agree. I figured he'd tell me to drop the subject and get over myself and marry him whether I liked it or not. Sort of like he did the other night, only ruder, but instead, he gave up and was being surprisingly friendly.

"Uhm... What's your favorite color?" I asked stupidly. Storm looked at me with a raised eyebrow as I blushed and avoided eye contact with him. He looked away, then shrugged again.

"White." He stated. I looked at him curiously, unable to hide a smile.

"White's not a color."

"Humans say that," Storm responded, "They say white is a shade. If white was a shade, why doesn't it hide anything? White is purity. It's clean. It's innocent. It's naive." I let that sink in as we walked in silence for a while.

"And yours?" Storm asked at last. I blinked, then smiled a little.

"Black, I guess. Got any philosophical words for that color?" I questioned, making Storm cock his head as we turned onto another block. From here, the park was only two blocks away and could already be seen. The large parking lot and empty grassy spaces that led to a children's playground and the swings that sat waiting to be used.

"Black is the color of truth," Storm answered, making me look at him curiously, "It's honesty. Although, it'd be nice if you were as honest as your favorite color." I was surprised at his jab and stopped walking once we reached the park, pausing to look at him as he scanned the grassy fields.