Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty (Alexander)

"You were molested by a six-year-old little boy?"

"Can we please stop talking about this?!" I cried in exasperation, then slumped low in the bus seat, covering my face as we rode further away from Red Field. The further the better I say. I sat beside Mark, who was snickering as he told Storm and Amber, who sat in front of us, about our little run in with the weird kid that kissed me.

No, kissing was just a peck on the lips.

This kid was trying to make out with me. I felt his little wet tongue push past my lips, then quickly slip back out as he ran away, waving innocently. I swore I've seen that face before, but it was too hard to focus with Mark and Amber laughing. Storm rolled his eyes, but he was hiding a smirk too as he brushed his hand across his mouth. I scowled.

"It's not funny. Let's talk about something more relevent. Like the fact that we have no idea where we're going." I huffed, massaging my temples. Amber raised an eyebrow, leaning over the back of the seat to get near my face.

"We know exactly where were going. Anywhere, but Wolf Creek and Red Field." She added brightly with a smile. I scowled as Mark paused to grimace, leaning against the window of the bus, glancing at the buildings before looking back.

"Well, we should probably be more careful," He responded, making Amber and Storm look at him curiously, "Alex and I saw a news cast. The town thinks someone kidnapped us. If people see us, they'll call the cops. We need to lay low. Very low." I nodded in agreement, relieved at the subject change to something far more important.

"The last thing we need is for Mark to get back in the hospital and me... well, anywhere near my parents." I muttered, averting my eyes to hide the fact that I was terrified of what they'd do to me after they got their hands on me. I could easily imagine my mother castrating me and it just made me shudder, cupping my hands over myself and squeezing my legs together tightly. Mark winced and Storm frowned, leaning on the back of his seat to look at us.

"Surely your parents wouldn't be that idiotic. Then again, they let Zephyra slip into the hospital right under their noses, so who knows?" He shrugged, looking at Amber, who scrunched her nose up in distaste.

"You know, come to think of it, mom and dad are pretty hardcore on security, so how did Zephyra get in undetected?" She asked aloud, looking at me now. I blinked, studying her gaze before glancing at Storm and Mark, who shared the same look. They were all thinking the same thing, but I refused to believe it.

"My parents wouldn't conspire against Vladimir," I protested confidently, clenching my fists on my knees as I locked eyes with Storm, "They've been loyal to him since he held power. It's even a written contract."

"I signed the papers for my drivers' license, promising I'd be a good driver." Amber snorted, making me glare at her. How could she doubt our parents? Maybe they made a mistake. Zephyra seemed pretty sneaky. Maybe they got in past all the security my parents set up. People made mistakes, not just humans, but my people as well.

"You seem pretty loyal to people who are so mean to you." Mark blurted. Amber and Storm immediately looked at Mark, who purposely ignored their stares to look at me. I stared back at him, then nibbled my lower lip and looked away.

"Maybe I'm just... stupid or something, but... They're still my parents and no matter how much they've supressed me and driven me insane, I can't doubt them on this. I know they had no idea Zephyra would infiltrate the hospital. I'd bet my life on it." I added firmly. Storm averted his eyes, frowning in suspicion, but he said nothing about it. Amber merely sighed, then glanced out the window with a frown.