Chapter 23

“How many times do we have to say sorry for not telling you.” Jade was saying

“Don’t you dare open that door Niall oh so help you god.” Mari said catching Niall walking to the door.

“Look we are sorry for not letting you know he was coming, but we aren’t sorry for bringing him. You guys need to talk things over.” Lou said coming out of the room where she had laid Lux to sleep.

“I know he has to know, but I didn’t want him to know like this. I wasn’t ready.” Mari says sitting on the arm of the couch.

“When were you going to be ready? When the baby is already here? I know he’s technically the one that broke things off with you but it doesn’t change the fact that you are having his baby.” Jade says.

“I know that.” Mari says

“So can we let him in now?” Lou asks

“How long has he been out there?” Mari asks.

“24 minutes.” Niall answers and everyone chuckles.

“Good.” Mari says

“So?” Jade adds.

“Fine. I just don’t know how to do this. How to tell him.”

“You’ll figure it out, I promise. Plus the first step is done. Him seeing you with this huge belly, check.”

Jade does the motion of a check in the air.

“I wonder what was running through his head.” Niall says

“Okay I’m letting him in now, I really want to shower and my luggage is still outside.” Lou says walking to the door and opening it.

“Harry?” She says looking out and finding him sitting beside of the door with his head in his knees.

“Yeah?” He looks up instantly.

“You can come in now.” She says

“Is it okay?” He asks standing up.

“Yes, she says you can.”

“So there was no accident?” he asks dusting off his pants.

“No Harry no accident, we needed a way to get you here.”

“So she didn’t know I was coming either?” he asks

“No. Sorry, but it had to be done. Now help me with this luggage.”

They bring everything in and Harry doesn’t look up until he closes the door behind him.

“Hey Jade.” He says and scans the room for Mari who is standing by the balcony door.

She doesn’t say anything as she slides it open and looks back at him as she steps out.

“I think she wants you to follow her.” Jade says.

“Umm. Yeah okay.” Harry says running his hand through his hair. When he reaches the open door and steps outside he finds Mari sitting on the chair they shared after their first time together.

“Mari?” Harry says as he slides the door closed. She doesn’t say anything but he continues to approach her until

“You can sit down if you like.” She says. He sits on the chair next to her on the square patio table.

“So.” Harry says

Mari smiles, Harry was always at loss for words when he was nervous.

“Are you nervous?” Mari asks