A chapter on kpop bc i had to do it

Hi humans :)

God i don't know where to start.
There're lots of things to say and i'm scared to forget some important stuffs.

Let's start with : How i discovered kpop ?
- I discovered kpop about 1 year ago i would say. A french youtube channel talked about it and i rewatched this video a lot. I was getting more and more curious so i just listened some songs and in one night i fell in love with kpop.
(The first groups i listened were Bigbang, Blackpink and Got7, i loved got7 very hard)

People actually have lots of prejudices about kpop. When i say i like kpop, most of the time people are going to think that i'm a crazy fangirl, like REALLY crazy.
And, yeah, there're some fans who are crazy, it exists, but stop putting everyone in the same bag. I have this impression that people often forget that, it's only music. And because it's in korean it's supposed to be "weird".
But language doesn't matter. I won't talk about classic things we've all heard at least once in our life : "are they chinese ?" "You don't even understand what they say !!" "They all look the same" "they look so gay" "are they trans ?". Anyway you get it. (If you say those things please try to ask smart questions thanks.)

Kpop is a whole world and i think that's why people misunderstand it.
Kpop community is beautiful to me, it's like a huge family. We have our own jokes, i personally love that.

When you don't listen to kpop you also can't know the dark side of it. How kpop idol works so hard, the diets, the stress they have to deal with, the judgements... i think that once you know that, you see kpop with another vision.
One another thing that most people don't know, is that, korean society is very close minded. You have to be pretty, slim, you have to smile, to be fun. Especially when you work in the kpop industry.
If you're not how society wants you to be, you'll have to change to be perfect like everyone expect you to be.
I don't think they're all happy to live that life.

Anyway i had to talk about the dark side too.

But kpop is not only dark, it makes me happy, laugh and i met fantastic people thanks to it ! (Hi to the beautiful seven day family, love u a lot guys)

I discovered a new world, another culture, some really talented dork, it made me wants to follow my dreams more. I know i said it was "only music" but, in reality, it's more than that.
For some people kpop saved them. It made them wants to live again, wants to smile again.

It's incredible how music can change a life, i changed a lot with kpop, it helped me to develop my critical mind, to not judge before knowing... i'm a whole new person. And honestly i'm proud of listening kpop. I sometimes felt ashamed of liking it, of having lots of posters, lots of albums, but you know what, it's me. I like my room the way it is. I like myself the way i am. I'm not a crazy fangirl, maybe i love kpop artist to much, but they're a huge source of inspiration. I want to be as strong as they are. I want them to feel loved. I want them to be truly happy.

Rest in peace jonghyun, i wasn't a huge SHINee fan, but it's my way to thank you for all the things you have done.

I hope i didn't forget too many things and that i wasn't repetitive argh. I wrote this chapter today, i don't have lots of time to write because of school sadly but i really enjoy writing here, so i will continue for sure.

HAVE A GREAT DAY.
:D