Chapter Nine: The Weird Thing With Blake

Chapter Nine::The Weird Thing With Blake.

 When I woke up, Blair was sitting across from me on my bed, a sheepish smile on her face.

“You slept all day yesterday,” she mumbled and I nodded.

“Yeah, well I was insanely hungover so…yeah.”

We both sat there in silence until Blair finally sighed and reached to the floor where she had been hiding a plate with a grilled cheese sandwich dusted with pesto. She handed it to me.

“It’s a peace offering. I’m sorry about what I said.”

I sat up and accepted the sandwich.

While I did not inherit the cooking gene in our family, Blair did.

I nodded at my twin sister.

“It’s fine. I’m sorry too.”

“I was just looking out for you.”

“I know. I was too.”

“I love you.”

I smiled.

“And I love you too.”

“…So, do you wanna like, share some of that sandwich with me? I’m starving.”

And just like that, we were good again.

xx

xx

“I am so sorry I cancelled our lunch date, yesterday,” I moaned to Lilly after our orders had been taken.

She smiled and tucked a piece of light brown hair behind her ears.

“It’s no problem. You didn’t sound too good on the phone.”

I scoffed.

“Trust me, I wasn’t feeling too good.” I woke up, realized I’d rather be dead, threw up, turned on my phone to reschedule my lunch date with Lilly, turned off my phone, and slept for the rest of the day.

Classy, I know.

“Well, to be honest, I wasn’t feeling so well either. I don’t know why they call it morning sickness if it can last the whole day,” she sighed softly and I smiled at her.

“How far along are you?” I looked down towards the slight bulge of her belly, but the table blocked it from my view.

She grinned and placed a hand on her tummy.

“Three months! They’re due in July.”

My eyes widened slightly.

“They?”

Lilly nodded shyly.

“Yeah…I’m having twins,” she giggled.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

“Wow…oh wow. I can’t even imagine…you’re my age. You’re only twenty-two and you’re married and have twins on the way. Who are you?” I joked, by my astonishment was real.

I can’t even get a real boyfriend and she has the whole package.

Lilly blushed and shook her head.

“No, I mean…it’s kind of hard for me to imagine too! I mean, Nate and I only met last December.”

“Yeah, he mentioned that he played with Pent Up at a local bar?”