Chapter 06 | Get

Hey, y'all. Sorry this is late - exam season. Next week's shouldn't be late, and I'll try to update twice as a thanks for being patient with me. Hope you enjoy!

CW: NSFW, nightmare, panic attack, dissociation, phantom pains, drunk Bakura and Malik

Bakura laughed, stumbling over air as they walked home. "Okay, okay, but you really-?" Malik's coat was draped over him to shield him from the chill.

"Yup." Malik nodded, a tipsy smile on his face. "And Rishid walked in."

"Holy shit," Bakura cackled, clutching his ribs. He staggered into Malik, and the other wrapped an arm around his waist. "I can't believe he walked in on you reading Drarry fanfiction - what the fuck?" He shook his head, still grinning. "At least have some fucking taste. Wolfstar is better."

"Oh shut up," Malik scoffed, giving Bakura a small squeeze. "I'm surprised you even know the pairing names."

Bakura paused on the path, narrowing his eyes up at Malik. He didn't look annoyed - more like he couldn't see properly. "Are you kidding?" He stuffed his right hand into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out his keys to Ryou's apartment. A Hogwarts key-chain held the keys together. "Fucking love it. It took me ages to read the books though - in the end I think I just got the audio ones."

"Shit." Malik grinned. "I didn't think you'd be into kids' books."

"Oh fuck you."

Malik's eyes landed on Bakura's keyring again and frowned. Then his eyes brightened and he laughed. "Is that a Hufflepuff keyring?" Bakura shoved his keys back into his pocket. "You're a Hufflepuff?"

"Hey, Hufflepuffs-" Bakura pointed up at Malik, waving his finger until it was directly in front of the taller man's nose. "-are great finders. Nothing wrong with being in Hufflepuff." Malik still laughed. "Oh shut up - I'll bet you're just a Slytherin."

Malik stopped laughing and frowned. "What's wrong with being in Slytherin? Slytherins are great."

"I knew it." Bakura lurched forward and Malik caught him. "Damn it, I didn't even drink that much."

"It was the shots." Malik began walking again. "Come on - let's get you some water." His apartment was closer, and there was less of a chance of being disturbed by Ryou, so they went there. "But seriously, what's wrong with Slytherin?"

"Nothing," Bakura insisted. Malik raised an eyebrow. "No, really. Nothing. I just find it funny that I was right." He reached up and tapped Malik's nose as they made their way into the hotel. The receptionist smiled at them, and Bakura gave her a nod.

Malik chewed his lip as he called the elevator with the push of a button. He couldn't see the old Bakura being in Hufflepuff - the one that was in the ring - but now... now he could. He didn't know why. Maybe because he was more expressive, and liked hot chocolate, and split a dessert with Malik that night.