Chapter 15 | Thing

Heyo sorry I'm posting this in class so gotta go fast. Hope you enjoy the final chapter, thanks for sticking with me this long! Got pride today in college so that should be fun. So should taking the test right after that I haven't studied for lmao. Wish me luck so I don't fuckin die.

CW: Asthma attack, memory of Kul Elna, gore, switching/mixing, mentions of Malik's past, medication, mention of familial arguments

Malik closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. He let out a slow breath, drew another in, and let that one out as well before he looked at the notebook again. Nasir had been out. He wasn't entirely sure when. Maybe he'd had a nightmare. But his body ached with exhaustion, and the notebook Bakura had gotten him now had a letter in it in writing that wasn't either of theirs.

Malik, it read in a scrawling script. He just kept reading his name over and over again, and then flicking down to the neat signature. Nasir.

Bakura sat on the side of the armchair beside him, arm pressed up against his shoulder. "It's important, love," he said.

"To you?"

"To him." He paused and considered the question. "And to me."

Malik let out a shuddering sigh and looked at the paper again. It was only a page long. Bakura reached out and placed his hand over Malik's. Malik looked up at him. It was odd to have to do, but the armchair was deep and comfy, so on the arm of it, Bakura's head sat an inch or two above his own.

Bakura gave him a tiny smile. "You need to work with them on this. And this might help."

"I know," Malik said. He leaned his head against Bakura's shoulder. "I know." He took another breath and tried to read it again.

Malik,

I don 't know why the fuck I'm doing this. You're probably not even going to read it unless Bakura makes you. I don't even know what to write. I guess I'm pissed at you but I'm also not because I get why I'm here better than I think you do.