Chapter Thirty-Seven: Alert the Media!

A few weeks of everything being completely normal went by,  and it was weirdly insane. Like my life for at least three weeks was completely normal and it for it to be normal felt weird, which didn't make sense, because it should just feel normal, but I was so used to it being crazy, that it just didn't. I kept expecting something to happen that would ruin the peace, but so far it hadn't happened.

Clarke and I had been able to progress our relationship, and it was going well. I mean, we still couldn't be seen in public but so far we had found a way around that. Like the one time I went over to Clarke's place to find he had a set up a complete romantic dinner for us, which was amazing and was like one of those typical dates we both wanted...expect Clarke didn't exactly drop me home after.

On top of that, college was finally over. Four long years of classes, just to get into law school, had finally ended. Graduation was a great day too. I got to celebrate with everyone and Kieran was more joyful then me, getting quite drunk too. It was a completely normal day, a completely normal experience too. With that over though, it meant law school was approaching and Clarke and I hadn't mentioned it much lately but Clarke had mentioned apartment hunting once or twice. I realised we'd almost be living together, well only weekends but it was a big step, but it felt right.

Our relationship felt like it was moving forward and fast, and I had no control either. I wanted to take it slow, I really did, but it just wasn't happening. Since we had opened up and accepted our feelings for each other they had been taking over. I suppose we were together for months beforehand so that probably helped.

I suppose there was a little weirdness in the fact that now I had no classes and I didn't have a job at the moment, so I had nowhere to be. Expect maybe spending time with Clarke before I couldn't spend much with him. It was kind of horrible, I had turned into one of those girlfriends that liked being with her boyfriend too much. So I agreed to spend the day with Ava instead.

"I agreed to hang with you, but not go shopping," I groaned as Ava dragged me around shops in New York.

"Oh come on. Getting a new wardrobe for law school is a great idea," Ava insisted as she rang her hand through a rack of clothes.

"I don't need a new one, we've been through this," I groaned. "I like my clothes."

"Yes, but you also have rich boyfriend's credit card now," Ava shrugged.

"No, I don't. You know I won't use Clarke's money for my personal gain," I told her.

Ava sighed. "Yeah, I know. Fine, if we go to the one shop where you buy all your clothes, can you buy one thing?"

"If we go to the one I like, then sure," I shrugged sweetly.

"Fine, let's go."

Ava and I started to make our way out the door of the store we were in, when something completely strange happened. As we stepped outside there was suddenly a bunch of flashing lights and clicking. It took me a moment to realise what is actually was, but apparently Ava realised and dragged me back into the store, going between the racks to hide us.

"Was that what I think it was?" I asked Ava as we moved through the store in case we were being followed.

"A bunch of paparazzi trying to get your photo?" Ava asked slightly sarcastically. "I'm pretty sure yeah."

"What? How? Why?" I stuttered out.

"I don't know," Ava said checking behind us, but then turning back. "Might have something to do with your phone ringing."

Just before she said it, my phone had indeed started ringing. I scrambled through my bag to find my phone, and saw it was Clarke. Perfect timing.