Chapter Twenty: Hygiene is Important

I followed Clarke into the kitchen to find him with the plates in the sink whilst just standing there and leaning over them, and just looking down. I could tell he was thinking, but I could also tell that thinking was making him upset. I stepped closer to him and he didn't notice so I placed my hand on his back, calmly trying my best to comfort him. I had never seen him distraught or so visually emotional before, it was weird.

"Sorry," Clarke said straightening up immediately. "I...I don't do well when I really think about what I could've have with my father. Especially the more I feel like I'm losing this company."
"You're not losing this company," I told him softly. "Far from it. Henry, he would be proud of you."

"Maybe," Clarke agreed, "but I could've...I could've spent more time with him. Learnt it all from him, but instead I fucked around with my life."

"Hey, yeah okay it wasn't perfect, but you lived your life the way you wanted to. You can't regret that. Even if you did get a bit out of hand," I said to him. "You can't change it. You can make up for it now."

"I can't make up for lost time with my dead father though, can I?"

Clarke slammed his fist down slightly and almost liked a knee jerk reaction I reached out to grab his arm and stood him from causing damage. At first he didn't react to me. I thought he might shake me off or something. Instead of eventually moved his hand to grab hold of me. He fiddled with my fingers a little as he looked them, putting our hands together. It felt extremely personal and I thought about pulling away but I also didn't want to.

"I'm sorry," Clarke said, looking at me. "I get...angry when I think of my Dad sometimes."

"It's okay," I assured him. "I get it. Plus you've had a crap day so that can't help."

"That is very true," Clarke said, now turning his body away from the sink and to completely face me. He took his hand out of mine and then moved both so they were on either side of my body. He immediately pulled me into him so I was nearly up against his body. He then used one hand and brought it to my face to move my hair out of the way, gently tucking it behind my ear.

"I want nothing more than to forget about it," Clarke whispered to me, his face only inches from mine.

"I think I can help with that."

Clarke's lips came down on mine immediately, kissing me passionately. I had grown fond of Clarke's lips and the smoothness of them and the way they knew how to part with mine. Kissing him now felt good, really good, better than I thought it would in this moment. I also enjoyed when he was forceful with him, and if I thought his emotional state may have effected that, I could've been wrong.

He immediately pushed me up against the large marble island kitchen bench in the middle of the room. I felt his hands move down my body, past my hips and then onto my ass. I felt him squeeze it eagerly as we kissed, but what he did next surprised me. Using his strength with his hands on my ass he picked me, forcing me to sit on the bench itself. It mean I had to spread my legs to get him closer enough for me to kiss, but was also still wearing a pencil skirt, making it difficult. Clarke immediately noticed my issue and got his fingers underneath the top of the skirt and started to slide it down my body, breaking out kissing to get it all the way off my body.

I thought he might come back up to my lips but instead he stayed down at my legs, running his fingers gently along them. Then he used his lips, kissing me up my leg towards my thighs and then close to my underwear. He brought his hand up next and curling it inside my underwear, now letting his fingers circle around my entrance. My body immediately responded and I put my hands behind me so I could lean back and even moan slightly in pleasure. I looked back down towards him and realised this was getting hot and heavy in the kitchen.