Chapter Twenty-Seven | Not Much of a Lesson

HELLO HELLO HELLOOOOO!~ I'M BACK!!!

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THIS SONG OR VIDEO

This may or may not be a short chapter, I apologise. My exams went well (thank you for asking) EXCITING NEWS!!! My friend: xXrougeXx and I have start a collaborative story called: "The Kairotic Moment"!! It would mean the world if you lovely readers could go and check it out. The link is in my bio!

==========================================================

We rode back to the Palace in silence, the only person who did most of the talking Great Grandmamma. It was just Great Grandmamma, Father and I. Mamma shared a carriage with Ella. It was rather odd, seeing Father so...wordless. Great Grandmamma began telling me her story about she and Great Grandfather came to be. And in the midst of doing so, I could feel animosity being shot back and forth between Great Grandmamma and Father.

"I was twenty two years old when I met your Great Grandfather." Great Grandmamma began her whimsical meet cute. "He was the most dashing man I had ever laid eyes on. Now at the time, I had already been known as a Lady and I was just Talia Mason."

"And then you married Great Grandfather." I finished, trying to take my mind of Julian's funeral.

"Oh yes, straight away, Killian Demori. The only son of the Demori line." She smiled to herself. "It was instant love. And after the years had gone by we had your Grandfather, Peter. We tried to have more but it seemed like my body didn't like the idea of having another child."

"So you never had any daughters? Just Grandfather Peter?" I asked, knowing full well that Great Grandmother Talia did not have any daughters.

"Yes." She sweetly grinned to me and as she did she turned to Father, "And that was the most appalling eulogy I have ever heard in all my years."

"That was his wife Talia." Father hissed.

"How am I supposed to know that? I have not seen anyone on this side of the family in eighteen years." Great Grandmamma explained herself.

"You call Great Grandmamma by her first name?" I questioned, shocked by Father's impoliteness.

"It is alright, Lyra. Only family members can call me by my first name." Talia chortled, "Lyra, I feel that we should spend some more time together. I don't know when my time will come when I will die."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Father cut Talia off.

Talia grabbed onto her timbre cane and hit it against the carriage wall, "And why is that?"

Father crossed his arms, "Lyra has lessons that she must maintain, lesson which she has been avoiding. She doesn't have time to-"

"She mostly certainly does have the time." Talia does that same as Father and cuts him off. "Now I do not know whether it is the passing of you son that is making you so sour or the fact that I have not notified you that I will be visiting but I will not have you being disrespectful."

Father remained silent, silent as a dying tree in a winter's breeze.

"But it is up to you, Lyra." Talia continued.

"Does the King know you're here?" Father spat.

"Why of course, he's the one who invited me."

"I thought Amara invited you."

"You thought wrong." Talia returned a smug look.

The carriage came ride came to an end; Talia continued her one-sided discussion with me. "Lyra, my dear. Do you know what's so special about you?"