Chapter Twenty | Little Lord of Mischief

TOMORROW IS CHRISTMAS...for us Australians. So this is my Christmas present to you. MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!!!! And may all your wishes come true! 

And I hope you like this chapter! Lydan shippers. You got your wish! ;)

==========================================================

I continued to scream at the little boy who was still inappropriately straddling me. More surprised than I was, he screamed along with me and the both of us continued to scream until someone removed the little boy from me.

“Wren Crawford.” A firm voice called.

I mounted myself, looking to see where the boy went. Princess Aveline held him by the shoulder and scolded him for barging into my room without permission. James and Sebastian, looking uncomfortable as a roast pig on a silver platter went to either sides of my bed and sat down on the bedstead.

Princess Aveline, as elegant and as beautiful as she was nine years ago had not changed. Had not aged. Different from Prince Brendan, she had crystal blue eyes and long sleek coffee brown hair. Her tall and graceful physic commanded respect and one’s undivided attention every time she announced her presence in a room. I looked back to the young boy. Who is that little boy? I observed the way Princess Aveline was talking down to him. No…it couldn’t possibly be.

Princess Aveline turned to me and winced in embarrassment. “Lyra, I apologise for my son’s behaviour.”

“Is this your son?” I smiled, looking to the boy who was now hiding behind his mother.

“Yes, Wren. Say Hello to Lady Lyra.”

“Oh not yet. I’m not a Lady yet.” I corrected, still gazing at Wren.

Sebastian coughed forcefully and waited for Princess Aveline to acknowledge both his and James’ presence. Princess Aveline pouted at James and pushed her son forward. “Sweetheart don’t you remember Lord James and Lord Sebastian?”

I held tight onto the duvet and waited for Wren to open his mouth. It would be chilling if Wren sounded exactly the same as Prince Brendan did when he was about his age.

“Wren? How are you?” Sebastian smirked, opening his arms up to him.

Wren’s dark face followed my eye line, as I smiled down to him and he softened his expression and came closer. He must’ve been around five or six years of age. The afternoon sunlight crept its way into the room and shone its light on him. His eyes were enticing…and all too familiar.

I held my hand out for Sebastian to help me find my ground. I thanked him and made my way to Wren, who seemed all too frightened to face me. Crouching down, I lightly pinched his cheeks. “You know when I was your age; I did all sorts to mischievous things that got me into trouble.”

“Lyra,” Princess Aveline smiled, “what are you teaching my son?”

I looked to her and frowned. This only was a bonding technique I learnt from Marcus. Find something in common with that person and make the connection. Wren reminded me to much of something I knew and he definitely looked like a troublemaker. That was something I could relate to. Looking back to Wren, who was now pleased, I returned his friendly greeting and grinned back. I took this opportunity to pick him up and ruffled his curly auburn hair. He’s a charmer this one, I can just feel it.

“This is rare.” Her Majesty surprisingly exclaimed, “Wren never warms up to people so quickly. Especially girls.”

“Is that so?” I looked to Wren, who was now playing around with my hair. “Do you want to go see you’re your one and only Uncle?”