Chapter Thirty-Three | Fragmented

DISCLIAMER: I DO NOT OWN THIS SONG OR VIDEO

Listen to the song...you'll cry like I did.

==========================================================

“This child definitely has Julian’s dimples.” Mamma noted with pride.

Many days had passed since Ella had given birth to Henry. Though Ella was still resting, Henry had already received much love and admiration from his extended family. Mamma, being instinctive and Father, being overprotective made sure that Ella had gotten everything she needed. Henry stayed by Ella’s side until she was ready to go back to her normal routine.

Jean whispered in my ear, “Miss Lyra?”

“Yes? What is it, Jean?”

“The Demori Lords have arrived.”

“And where are they?” I arched an eyebrow, expecting her to give me the right answer.

“Some of them are getting settled in while Alex is speaking to Lady Talia.”

How predictable of them. Instead of putting their belongings aside and visiting their newborn nephew, they do the complete opposite. I shook my head in disapproval and looked to Jean’s sweet face.

“Thank you.” I smirked, “That’ll be all.”

I bid my parents goodbye and gracefully left for the boy’s east wing. It wasn’t hard getting there but the day was still hot and I didn’t have the slightest clue of how I was going to survive the rest of this day.

“I will tell you now that I not going to knock.” I stood at the center of all four doors.

I waited for a reply but heard nothing.

“Come out.” I sternly ordered. “Right now.”

Marcus was the first to open his door; following his motion was James then Sebastian. Each brother looking more rugged and defined as they were still in their full attire.

I eyed James, “How was your ride here?”

“It was good.”

I turned to Sebastian, “Are you tired?”

“No.” Sebastian bobbled his head.

“Then why aren’t you visiting Ella?” I faced Marcus, “And your newborn nephew.”

“It’s a boy?” Marcus’ face lit up with delight as he clapped his hands continuously.

“Yes. It is a boy so why don’t you boys follow me and-”

“We heard about the Prince’s arranged marriage.” James cut me off, his face solemn.

I shifted my position and looked to the ground for my response, I needed to say the right thing. I did not want to throw them off; my relationship with Brendan remained with us and would go down with me to my grave. I did not need to ask where they had heard this news; Sebastian had already beaten me to it.

“One of his servants sent us each a letter when we got here.” I felt his eyes on me.

I linked it all together, “So that is why you weren’t by Ella’s side.”

“Yes.”

“It’s all very sudden.” James quietly noted.

“I cannot imagine how he’s taking this.” Marcus voiced, shaking his head in disapproval.