Chapter Twenty-Three | Lesson Three: The Appropriate Attire

I worked on this for three days straight, trying to make it perfect. So I hope you Lydan lovers enjoy this chapter!

I go back to school tomorrow. GROSSS!!!! AND!!! FEAST YOUR EYES ON THE GIF ON THE SIDE BAR!!!

==========================================================

You and I, we're more alike than you think.

Is that so?

Yes, I do.

You're not making any sense.

How dare you. Of course I am.

Do you need to sit down?

I don't need anything. Especially from you! I just need to sit down.

*chuckles* Alright then.

I'm going to tell you a secret.

I woke up to beads of sweat rolling down my clammy cheek. It's that dream again. What does it mean? It always cuts off. I don't remember any of it. I grasped onto my duvet and was about to call for Jean. Until I remember that I sent her away. More like pushed her away.

I shook my head in tardiness. I have to get some more sleep for tomorrow. It had only been three hours since I said goodnight to Prince Brendan. I felt my heavy eyelids droop.

~ooOoo~

"Lyra." I felt a light shake on my shoulders.

Hmm? No, it's too early. I just feel asleep.

"Lyra. It's time to wake up. It's almost noon."

It's was Prince Brendan. I could hear his voice. But his touch was softer than usual.

"Just a few more minutes Prince Brendan. Our lesson can start at a later time."

"Lesson?"

"Please. I'm so tired." I pleaded.

"So you're the teacher?"

Was that supposed to be a question or an observation? I slowly opened my eyes and turned my body around to see Princess Aveline looking at me, straight in the eyes. My sleepy state changed almost immediately as I shot straight out of bed to curtsied to her. I could have sworn it was Prince Brendan's voice. Or maybe it was in my head because of how tired I was. I'm still tired...

"Princess Aveline!"

This was going to be hard to tell her otherwise. Seeing that once Princess Aveline has her mind set on something, there was no going back.

Princess Aveline crossed her arms, "Lyra. What did you just say?"

I had to think quick, "Say what? I tend to sleep talk when I'm-"

"Now we both know that isn't the case." Princess Aveline laughed, still having that serious look on her face.

I felt my eyebrows crease. I completely had no idea how to tell Princess Aveline that she heard wrong. Even though she didn't... What if she goes off and tells Prince Brendan that she knows. No one can know!

"I'm waiting Lyra." She told me, in her most patient voice.

I held my hands up to stop her, "Okay. Okay..."

I couldn't just tell her I'm the teacher Prince Brendan was talking about without going through the other details. Princess Aveline was a very intelligent woman and I knew she was going to ask questions. I motioned my hands to Princess Aveline to take a seat. This was going to be a long, long story to explain. I began from the very first day to the moment Prince Brendan insulted me about etiquette to our very first lesson. Looking back on my stay here, I realised how much Prince Brendan and I have changed so I decided to leave out our blossoming relationship.