chp-8 "Can it work??"

Hey at last !!! I updated!!! Enjoy!!!

Alex was still in the haze of what was done while Violet was silently doing her work; doing her best to ignore any distraction weather it be her heart or her eyes. Once in a while her traitor eyes would glance the black glass to get a glimpse of inside and her heart would sink when it couldn't see anything other than the black glass. She did try, not to concentrate on what did happen. Why did she not said anything and that she defended Liya.

Why didn't she said Liya was to be accused that information was not passed to him. But she restraint her when Liya said she definitely need this job, she has to afford her family it was just by mistake and Liya said it would be bad impact on her career card, and viewing her boss bad temper; it frighten her. She begged her to not to tell Alex about that.

The phone ring caught her attention and she picked up the call, "hello, Handerson and co. How may I help you?" Her voice simple and professional. The voice from the other end was of a lady she that had heard after a long time.

"How are you my child, I called your cell phone but you didn't picked and well... I got little worried" Really?? "So I thought of the second best option." she spoke fluent with her British assent and Violet can imagine her stroking own hair till her length.

"What do you want mom?" She didn't liked the way the latter word came out from her mouth but she knew she can't be any softer. Why was she calling? Didn't she transferred money last month? Or was it because she need more? O, please!! She didn't loose money again in her so called investment. But all questions were answered when the next line was delivered from other side of the phone.

"O, come on honey!! Can't I call you. I was just missing you too much. Its long time I didn't hear you voice and..."

"1 year!"

"Ah, see...you know I am getting older, my memory are fading...so I was just wishing ...you know...that"

"Get to the point mom!" Violet was having different scenarios about what it may be. But whatever it was it made her nervous and from her previous records it not a good sign cause when she is nervous she start blabbering. Violet didn't want to let her weakness to overpower her at this very moment.

"Your dad said that he miss you..." the word sad made her inhale a sharp breath. Her dad, that was her world. " So we decided to spend next few weeks with you..." she paused for a while like she was thinking something than continued "don't let our mutual understanding be a difficult part when we are there. I don't think your father will be happy to see our so called understanding to fail. Right?" Violet just rolled her eyes. How could she not have seen that coming. Her mom and happy conversation in one line is next to impossible!! Well that's good that she was not going to face her mom alone.

"Sure." she was not able to say more. Like before she was nervous and not want to say anything that would lead her to more complications than she have now. Did the time really came? Was it her end to live here... She still remember her last warning.

"Well...than, what do we say....bye!" Violet said with tapping her finger nails on the table and waited till she heard the dead line.

She kept the phone back and signed. That is not bad. She kept saying to herself. And than her head jerked back in one Swift motion "Bella!!" What will she do... She knew Alex will be more than supportive to babysit her, and if the fear of what she assumed is right than it's bad that they are visiting her.

Her mom didn't knew about Bella. And she is not quite ready to tell her about Bella. Cause she didn't want her interfere in Bella's life. Violet was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize that it was lunch break till she was shaken by a pair of hand and a voice calling her. She craned her head to see the source of the commotion and came face to face with black curly hair girl with lovely smile and coal black eyes.

"I am calling you for like....5 minutes." She said in her chocolatey voice and innocent face.

"Yeah sorry, just lost in some thoughts." She said in low voice standing up realizing that her legs were about to numb if she sat more. "Just some .... Nothing , how's you?? Long time right?? How was Hawaii?? Did you enjoy??"

"Yeah long time...geuss I missing some thing important?" She questioned. "Well Hawaii was awesome and can you imagine running on the beach bare feet not for fun but because your boyfriend lost your slipper enjoying the waves?? But it was -- wait, how is Bella!! I am dying to meet her..."

"Take a breath Indie!! Yup she is fine" voilet assured her that's when she realized how desperately she wanted Indie.

She hugged her. "Violet? What happened?"

"Missed you a lot!!" Violet's voice was low and raspy due to the lump in her throat.

Indie hugged her back instantly to give her comfort. "Need to talk about it? Did the rude boss of yours gave something bad project or anything...tell me I will give him a piece of mind myself!!" It made Violet chuckle a little and she detangel her from indie.

"Well.. do you want to meet Bella? " Violet asked as she knew how close she was to Bella at the movement.

"Yeah, we will leave after..."

"Just now?"

"Really?? Is she here?" indie was beyond excited hearing the little piece of information.

"Yeah" Violet said again glancing the black glass.

"Just one minute." Violet said making her way to cabin of her boss to take her permission. While indie just waited for her looking some files resting on her table.

"Come in." again the permission without asking was heard.

"I was just wondering about can I get check Bella. It's lunch break so ..."

"Yeah you can, miss. Wilson. Well...I was wondering about the same." Alex said in a firm tone. Wondering how to response after what have just happened.

"Sir, indie is back after her vacation and wanted to join." Violet said moving her eyes to his perfect face, viewing if she could get any idea of what was he thinking about. About something she could get about if he was angry or annoyed. But what she could do was to stare him.

"... something?" His voice cut through the air made her back to reality.

"Huh?"

"Nothing, let's go." Violet didn't realise that he moved and was standing near her making way out.

________________________________

Hey!!!

Thx for reading....

Will update soon!!!

Vote and comment!!