Chapter 8-Solace

B A I L E Y

B A I L E Y

Everything was different about River. In a good way. It wasn't a doubt that his outlook is structured like a sculpted God but inside...he was cleaner like water. Like River. This name really suited him.

He gave a vibe of bad boy yet he's really sweet. The way his blue eyes get bigger as each exciting words left from his naturally pink lips, the way he slide back his darkest hair when asking questions and most of all, the excitation of knowing that we have the same class together. It was...somehow new feeling.

I know he was trying to hide from Chelsea. The light haired cheerleader. We never really talked. Truth to be told, she never really approached me or start a conversation with me. I wanted to but what could be the point? Girls like her believe that they are superior at everything. And me? I was inferior.

It was very- no. Rather impossible to believe that a guy is tying to hide from one of the hottest girls on Hilton high. I would have never believed it but that was the truth. River was actually very different from all the other guy. No bad boy. He was the perfect example that you shouldn't judge a book by his or her cover.

***

We walked to science class together while every eyes were on us. Gasps, awes, death glares....it was a game of staring. River didn't notice. But sadly I did. "How could be the hottie new guy would be with that xxxl girl?" A brunette whispered. I sigh not because of this comment but because of the small minded people who thinks that plus size people doesn't deserve to live.

Everything was just bad props. And River? I'm glad that I've found River. I'm glad that my locker became expired that day. I'm glad that...mrs.Curter behaved like a squeaky teenager.

"Let's sit here?" River asked, catching me off guard when I was sheepishly smiling at him.
"Uh yeah. Sure."

We walked over the middle center and places our bags at the table while sitting there. There was some girls who were watching us like a hawk and some athletes were behind our back. Giggling excitingly. "Well, at least he's got worst taste in girls." One deep brown curly haired athlete said with chuckling.

Deep breaths Bailey. Deep breaths.

As I start adjusting myself, River turned around and face those athlete guys with a smirk.

Shit. He heard it.

"I'm sorry, Henry. But what did you say?" River asked, pretending to be dumbfounded.
"I said you got worst taste in girls." Henry said, eyeing River with surety. "Besides..Bailey? Serious? That fatty?"