Chapter 18

[Edited: 8.4.19.]

Chapter 18 | No one's pov

|Unknown|

The silence didn't however last long, but was interrupted by Naruto who turned to Nagato, "... About your..... condition... I am not... sure if it will work but... it's worth a try. I could use the same method that I used when I talked to you, I mean that voice talk thing. It's originally only for a few days to a few weeks but it could work. It has a 50% risk of dying but if we don't try you'll die anyway. Want to give it a shot?"

He ignored the suspicious eyes and stretched his wings alongside his arms and legs.

It took a few minutes of silence before Nagato answered, "... I'll die anyway. I'll take the risk. But..." He didn't need to speak no more, Naruto understood. They first had to free him from the black receivers. That only increased the risk.

"Nagato you can't be serious!", Nagato turned to Konan and slowly a small peaceful smile formed itself on his face. He said no more, she understood. She didn't accept it but she understood.
Naruto nodded at him and walked towards his side. Obito watched, his eyes narrowed and his body tense, as if suspecting something. And no one had time to comprehend what happened when he cut the black receivers, all by one strong wind jutsu. The great breakthrough.
Everyone tensed, as if suspecting them to grow back. When nothing happened Naruto cautiously approached Nagato. He placed a hand on Nagato's shoulder and felt the chakra travel in his hand. Slowly but surely the chest grew bigger, the face as well, the whole body seemed to gain a bit color. Though you could still see bones and ribs, it wasn't as bad as before. He quickly took his hands away. But not too quickly, he didn't want to seem suspicious.

"That's all I can do for you. Your body will need time and food to regain it's strength and chakra."

"Thank you...."

"... No problem..."

"No, I mean it. Even though we... did bad things and wanted to kill you, you helped us. You gave us a chance to redeem ourselves, our mistakes."

Cerulean eyes widened before a ever so small laugh escaped Naruto's lips.
"Isn't it ironic? The village that I would've probably gave my life to never thanked me but the group of people who wanted me dead thanked me. Gotta love that irony... or not."

"...."

The silence followed once again.
Obito broke it this time, "What about Black Zetsu?"

"That... is a rather dumb question. We'll have to track it down and kill it."

Obito snorted, "As if I didn't know that. But how do you want to kill something that can travel trough earth. Trough walls, woods and everything beside water. It could kill us in sleep."

That left questions which were answered once again by a calm Naruto, "I didn't know. After all I wasn't a part of the organization. But who says that he's the only one able to travel trough everything? I may not be able to-but there are other thing that can, I'm sure. And what's with you and wearing that mask and cloak? We know who you are and there isn't any Akatsuki anymore."

Obito blinked, mentally questioning why he had that on. He took the cloak off and threw it away on the floor. The other two did the same while Naruto took Itachi's cloak off and threw it as well. Obito performed a few handsigns and the clothes burned under the fire jutsu. They let the fire as it was because it was very cold.

Obito's mask was safely in his big pants pockets. His face and eyes (what was left of it) were blank. His short raven hair and the sharingan didn't fail to make him even more attractive or mysterious. Like most villains or Uchiha's he had that aura around him, that aura that screamed danger, power and mystery.

Naruto silently cursed Uchiha genes in his mind. While they were beautiful, powerful and perfect, they were also mostly evil.

[Today I was just searching for fanfictions on Google when there popped out 'Naruto villains' and under it were 
Sasuke, Itachi, Obito and Madara. I was like, hah Uchiha's!]

Naruto sat himself on the floor and started to meditate. Come on, where are they? They couldn't be that far away...?

He silently searched for them, after all his clone was with them and he tried to pin point their location. He brightened immediately when he felt his clone's chakra reserves being full. It meant that they hadn't run into any trouble.

"When Itachi wakes up we're going to the moon kingdom. You'll have to henge though." His words echoed again trough the room. Obito nodded along with Konan and Nagato.

"The children and the clone are there, aren't they?"

"They are." Naruto's confirmation satisfied Obito's curiosity,
"But let's rest for today, Itachi will sleep at least six more hours."

The other nodded and suspiciously laid themselves on the floor. Just then Naruto sighed and took out a scroll. He bit his finger and three big sacks appeared. He threw them to the other three and sat down. The other's warily opened the sacks to see a few blankets and pillows. They made it comfortable for themselves and laid down. Obito noticed that Naruto didn't sit down but stood up. Obito growled at him, "Where are you going? Didn't you say we need to sleep? Thinking you can escape or kill is in sleep? How dumb of you-"

"I would never stop so low. I helped you and saved your lifes in more then one way and you think so lowly of me? I just can't sleep."

Realization hit Obito straight in his face. It softened just a tiny little bit before he turned away and laid down.

Naruto searched for an exist and found one. A big hole, meaning that they were in a cave. He sighed, walked to the exit/entrance and leaned against the it. He watched the moon and the starts.

"After all, Gaara and I aren't so different in the night."