Chapter 11

[Edited: 7.4.19.]

Chapter 11|No one's pov

|Unknown|

“Well, well, well... seems that there are some change of plans”, announced Madara.

“Madara, or should I say Obito Uchiha...”, a pleasant voice appeared out of nowhere, surprising the now known Obito. His eye's sharpened.

“Who are you and what do you want?”, the voice laughed at his question.

“How original. Wouldn't you want to know...”, the voice appeared playful and Obito tensed. Mind games realization spreaded across his face, even though no one saw.

“Ah yes, you've figured it out. That's alright though since it's even better when they're aware of the games but still fall for them... Don't you think, Uchiha?”, the voice turned ice cold. And Obito began to feel something he long before forgot. Fear.
But he simply refused to accept it.

“I won't repeat myself. What. Do. You. Want?”, Obito nearly growled out.

The voice didn't reply for the longest time and Obito actually thought that it went away but it replied in the end, “Wouldn't you want to know? I have no reasons to tell you this but... watch your back, Uchiha. Wouldn't want something to happen to your precious plan, would we?”, Obito chleched his fists but remained silent. “However if it's about your group, I'm not sure. You surely don't care for them, right? You just need them for your plan. How selfish.”

Obito snorted, “Everyone is selfish. Everyone uses one another as a tool. We're shinobi. It's only natural. Everyone uses everyone.”

He could feel the smirk in the voice, “Exactly”, before it disappeared altogether, leaving Obito with the puzzle.

|With Naruto|

It was quite a few hours since Naruto left the wave country along with Yuki and her younger brother, whose name he still didn't know. It was afternoon and the sun was high, don't let it fool you though, it was freezing.

Naruto saw Yuki shiver as her little brother cried (Naruto was holding him). He wasn't in a much better condition, seeong as his outfit was thin and meant for summer. Damn, he needed to go shopping.
He mentally groaned at that thought. Deciding to take a rest at the nearest village (which was just five minutes away) he nodded to himself. “We're gonna rest in the next village
It's really small but it's enough. Can you hold on until then?”, Yuki nodded, though it was a lie.
She was freezing and she couldn't feel her feet anymore. Naruto sighed and the next thing Yuki knew was that she was in air. And all too soon, she noticed that she and her brother were in Naruto's arms while he flew. She blinked and wondered why they didn't use the wings before. As if reading her mind Naruto answered, “The way here was tiring, full with branches and I couldn't risk injuring my wings. If I flew any higher the wings would have frozen. But I think they'll do a few minutes”, she nodded dumbstruck. “C-can I have Hiro? I mean can I h-hold him?”, Naruto nodded -now knowing the name of her little brother- and handed him to her. He held them close to his chest for body heat. Hiro and Yuki were wrapped in many clothes and blankets, however, it didn't really help. It was extremely windy and difficult to fly as well.

He sighed in relief when he saw the village. Damn he cursed in his mind, there is no hotel or something where we could stay. An elder woman, which appeared in her sixty's smiled at them. “You're a traveler, aren't you?”, she asked as he landed and blinked. “Eh, yes but how do you know and how aren't you surprised or shocked about the wings?”

The old lady merely chuckled and made a gesture for them to follow. Naruto didn't know what to do but something in his gut told him to follow so he did. They arrived at a medium-sized house. She invited them in and he sighed in relief along with Yuki while Hiro fell asleep. She led them to a couch. The house was warm. When they were seated Naruto spoke again, “Not that I'm not thankful but why did you help us and who are you?”

The old lady smiled, “I'm not surprised you're here. You were from Konoha, not? I'm pretty sure everyone heard the news of Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze being banished. As for my name... that's a long story. Let's say that Leaf wasn't the nicest stay.”
Naruto remained suspicious and wary. The old lady sighed again “You won't let go until you know. Won't you? Well...”, the old lady...

Scene change|Unknown|

Itachi was a man of few words. Maybe it laid in the fact that he was an Uchiha or that he was a murderer. No one in the Akatsuki knew. They weren't really close after all. For they knew that their days would come and that they were just tool's. Naruto.... despite being formal in his past, Itachi stopped calling Naruto Naruto-kun. After the young boy sternly forbid him.

In the past, they were not all too close. In fact, they only knew each other because of the Anbu (Itachi was sometimes guarding him with Kakashi). Itach saw Naruto the first time as a baby when he walked by the orphanage with his mother and baby Sasuke. In Itachi's mind, there was no doubt that Naruto was cute as a baby and handsome as a teen. He was a smart boy, something that Itachi didn't fail to notice. But promptly ignored all these years. Itachi had to admit that he fell for the dead last mask. It seemed logical. After all, the boy didn't have any parents to teach him anything. Itachi admired the boy just a little bit and his respect grew. While his otouto was given everything that he needed, Naruto never got anything and he still over powered Sasuke, Itachi and most other shinobi. Hell, there wasn't any doubt that he was stronger than anyone. A nidaime rikudou sennin.

Honestly, mused Itachi, the old farts and the sandaime were such fool's. Danzo controlled them all along.

Itach didn't know what to do about Sasuke when he found out the truth about the massacre. He also didn't know what to do with the disease and blindness. It was slowly killing him along with his eyes. He sighed before taking his pills. Life was just so unfair to him, and to Naruto. To Itachi, Naruto suffered the same amount as he himself. Naruto was burdened with the nine tails and Itachi was burdened with being the murderer of his clan and the traitor of his village when in reality he was spying the Akatsuki.

The only difference was that Naruto broke free but Itachi couldn't free himself. His life was bound to the Akatsuki and he was cursed within the group. Shame indeed. I'm sorry Sasuke, I failed you. Mother, father. Itachi hated the fact that Sasuke became selfish just as much as he hated the idea of him suffering his short life, that, he was sure, would end very soon. The disease killed him slowly but painfully.

TBC

Vote and review