Chapter 5

Sorry if the story is bad. I'm really happy that you guys are still reading. I'm really glad that you guys are enjoying it. Thanks For continuing to read this far. Btw I know that some things are not historically accurate. Sorry, but just roll with it. 😊
Memories- hi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"America, please eat." England said quietly, while holding the bowl of soup. He saw America shake his head once more. They had been trying to convince him for 20 minutes.

"Please, Al, we just want to help. Just eat a little bit. A couple sips is okay." Canada said. He just wanted his brother to get better.

Why are they doing this? Are they trying to get me fat? They're just trying to make me fat, so they can make fun of me again. Are they? He was doubting himself more by the second. What if they really are just trying to help? He decided to just sip a little. He looked at everyone around him, and saw them all smiling. So he continued sipping until it was halfway full.

"I'm full." America simply stated. He didn't feel like talking to everyone else much, they just didn't understand him. He still loved everyone, but the things he had been through no one could truly understand. And that's the loneliness he constantly felt. He wanted to be understood, but he knew there would be no one. No one can truly understand someone, after all.

"Okay poppet. You did really good. I'll come back soon, the others will stay, okay." England said reassuringly and left the room. His mind still in disarray.

"You guys can go eat I'll stay here with Alfred." Italy said. His smile still there, after everything that happened. He had to smile, if no one did, than what would happen to everyone else? He had to be Alfred's replacement until then. He had to smile for everyone. He had to.

"You sure? I can stay, if you don't want to. I mean I should stay anyways." Canada said. He was hungry, sure, but leaving him, just wasn't right.

"Yeah, it's fine. I'm not that hungry anyways. Now go eat!" Italy said, while waving goodbye to everyone as they all left. He saw Matthew look at him doubtfully, before leaving.

"Ve~ Alfred want to talk?" Italy said happily. He looked at America curiously. He saw America nod.

"Okay, what you want to talk about?" Italy asked. He needed to occupy him, he needed to distract him from everything that happened so far. He already had enough happen so far.

"Oh I know! What about a time period? My favorite was the renaissance. There was so many things being discovered and learned. But the best part was the art. The paintings and sculptures were so beautiful. What about you?" Italy said happily. He saw America's eyes widen and he started shaking, then he immediately changed back to his regular smiling self. Did he say something wrong? There was certainly more than what meets the eye. He knew that for quite a long time, but just what was he hiding? He now knew that his gut feeling was right. He was hiding stuff. He lied to all of them. Even his friends, even when they told him his secrets and burdens, he lied to them. Why? Why? Why? Were they not close enough? He asked himself that for quite awhile, he now knew why. It was too much for everyone to handle, even for him, it was a bit much. But, deep inside he knew this is only the beginning of this abyss of secrets, and sadness. He looked at America once more, still shaking and breathing heavily. The look in his eye. He knew that look all too well. The look of someone having a flashback of something they didn't want to remember. He saw America shake his head and he regained his Hollywood smile.

"I think my favorite is the industrial revolution. There was so much creative and fun inventions being created. It was so cool to see technology advance so quickly." America excitedly said. The memories still fresh in his mind. The screams of that day, still rang loud in his head. Her screams, mixed with his thoughts. It drove him crazy. He was on the verge of tears.