Chapter 12

POV: Adrien

I sat at my piano playing whatever sheet music was in front of me. My father told me that I wasn't to go to school today, and that I wouldn't leave the house.
    'It feels like I'm in prison...' I sighed and played the last note to the song before stopping.

     I looked out my window and saw that it was getting dark out.
'The whole school's probably at the town hall by now..' I looked down at my phone. I had a few messages from my friends, trying to cheer me up. But..the only thing that would make me feel better is if I were to go there myself... to hang out with my friends...

    I went under Instagram and saw Chloé's recent post. It was of her with a mask on saying 'best masquerade ever'.

    'A masquerade?..no one would even know who I was if I was in a mask...' I went over and turned on my piano recording, then dashed over to my closet. I put on a black suit with a black bow tie and black shoes. I then took a 'Chat Noir' themed mask from an event, and tied it around my head.
"You sure this is a good idea kid?" Plagg asked, floating besides me as I combed through my hair.
"Yes. I want to go. I can't stay in my room forever.." I transformed into Chat Noir and got outside. I found a costume store and de transformed, going inside. I bought a black hat, a black FAKE feather scarf, and long black gloves. After getting dressed in these, I headed over to the town hall.

    Loud music came from the large building. I got in and looked around. The Dj was Nino; he was one of the Dj's hired for tonight. Chloé and Sabrina stood over taking pictures of themselves. Off to the far side of the hall was the drink and snack station, and besides it was Alya and Marinette. They were talking and laughing. Alya wore an orange shirt dress and her hair was curled. Marinette, in the other hand, had her hair braided with gems. Her hair met at the top to form a bun, and she had her mask around her neck. Alya then said something and walked towards a crowd. I decided to walk over.

"Hello Marinette." I smiled.
"C-Chat?" She asked softly, turning around. She looked up at me.
"U-Uh..n-no...I'm Adrien.." I gulped.
          'Crap..I didn't think this through..'

     She looked me up and down.
"Wait...I thought that you weren't allowed to come here tonight..?" She tilted her head.
"I wasn't..but...uh..."       

       'Crap..I didn't thing anything through..'

   Nino walked over with Alya, a new Dj being set up to manage the booth.
"Yo Adrien! Glad you could make it!" Nino and I fist bump.
"Good job up there man." I chuckled.
"Thanks." Nino grinned.

A new song came on and Alya asked Nino for a dance. They left Mari and I to stand next to the table.
"Hm..would you like to dance?" I asked.
"Sure." She smiled.
    I took her hand and lead her to the dance floor.
"J-just do you know, dancing isn't my strong suit..." she chuckled.
"That's alright."

POV: Gabriel Agreste

"You're sure about this? The Dupain-Cheng girl has the Miraculous again?" I looked up at Nathalie.
"Affirmative. She was on the roof tops with Reina Rouge yesterday."

"Hm...So now I know where she is." I chuckled and stood up, "on a night like this, feelings are bound to hurt. I must akumitize someone at the prom."

    Nathalie followed me into the secret room in the attic, and I transformed.