ChapterThirtyFour: A Family Reunion

The human girl was sleeping peacefully in her large bed. Sleep has always been a place where she has had the chance to escape the problems in real life. When she fell asleep the sky was clear but soon after she fell asleep the sky started to cry and throw bolts of lightning towards the sleeping species. Since the beginning of the time, people have always thought that there were gods behind the different things in life. If that is truly the case then the god of lightning is currently yelling in anger that he has never felt before. Or that is what the sky at least looked like.

In her dream, she was walking in a deep forest. Little rays of sunlight managed to pass the wall the trees had made to the sky. It reminded her a lot if her childhood. Almost every day she and her mother went to the woods to pick berries and mushrooms for dinner. A smile plastered on her face.

Sometimes she could see small meadows and colorful flowers grow in them. It almost took her breath away how beautiful everything was.  

The smells of flowers and trees around her filled her nose. There are no words to describe how much she loved nature. Even in her own dream, she admired the nature around her. But even in the dream, the branches of different plants cut her feet and legs until they were bleeding from small scratches. Her shoes were nowhere to be seen as she walked on the moss.

Nature has always been a safe place for her no matter where she was. Picking a flower from the ground and sniffing it the world around her went blur and the next time she could see correctly was when she was standing outside of the small cottage she once called home with her siblings.

The cottage that was located in sector seven and a small village with no name. The entire village was filled with werewolves and two humans, no one ever fought with each other. They danced, laughed and sang at every celebration, the last one before the murder of everyone expect one was Maeve's birthday. 

The people had gathered to the middle of the village and sang her 'happy birthday' before they ate the cake that the village's baker had prepared for free. It was one of the happiest days of her life. How she could see the other children she had grown with hug her and give her flowers as almost no one could afford to buy books or clothes. Never had Maeve owned a good friend in her time at the village with no name.  She just never understood the people with her age there and they didn't understand her mind. 

The place she once called home was just as she remembered it. A small log house with flowers growing around it and moss covering its roof.

Her legs took her inside the house to the room where she witnessed her sister being shot by an arrow. Pain filled her heart as she noticed how cold and empty the house looked like when once it was filled with love and noises of children laughing.

A tear fell on her cheek.

As the tear fell so did her dream change. No longer was it a happy dream with birds and butterflied flying around but a nightmare. 

Feeling like she was trapped in the house she rushed out trying to get more air in her lungs.

Take a deep breath in, and out. She told herself as she was gasping for air. The sky over her had also changed. The beautiful sun and its rays were replaced by a crying sky and bolts of lighting.

A loud growl behind her made all the hair in her body stand up. 

Turning around and taking a thick stick from the ground to use as a weapon. It was a large wolf with dark grey fur covered in blood. Step after a step it made its way towards the human. Her legs felt weak and her eyes were trying to focus on everything else than the big predator in front of her. When it growled again showing its bloody teeth Maeve started to run away from the beast.