ChapterNineteen: Pain

No one had seen the human girl in two days. Usually, some servant saw her in her room or walking around the castle. And now one very unfortunate servant boy has to inform their ruler that his mate may or may not be missing.

"You can do it." The boy muttered to himself. It might not be anything, maybe she just moved away or got bitten by that mouse or something. Or maybe she is with the king, yes that has to be it, he thought.

He was about to knock the door when he was passed by the royal beta. He marched to the great hall and slammed the door behind him.

"They probably have some very important thing and I shouldn't bother them." He muttered to himself and ran away like his ass was on fire.

Cato saw his friend looking outside of the large window. The outside of the window had frozen with a beautiful pattern and it was almost impossible to see outside. It is the coldest day in the winter so far.

"I didn't hear a knock." Dominic didn't turn around.

"Ethen is missing," Cato said. Usually, he bumped to the annoying ass at least twice a day, but in the last couple of days he hasn't seen or heard anything about him. The King released him from the cell and let him continue his job because he is clearly the best in what he does. It would be a huge loss to the entire kingdom if Ethen would die. Although Cato prayed that he would somehow lose his life, he knew that it is better to have him alive.

"And?"

"You should find him."

"He will come around in some day." Dominic continued to watch outside. A missing soldier didn't really touch him in any way. Ethen could deal with himself.

"Also one of the maids has been missing."

"Since when you have cared about a maid? They come and go."

"Since the maid is the same girl Ethen harassed in your birthday and also that maid was your damsel's friend or something like that."

Dominic raised his eyebrow but didn't turn around. He really didn't give a shit about some maid who ran around the castle with the human. They could as long as he cared to make snow angels in the mud.

A quiet knock interrupted his thoughts. 

The door opened and a petite boy servant walked in. It was as clear as day that he was afraid. 

"Umm... Sir? I have a very important message f-from the butlers."

"Go on." Cato snapped. 

"The human girl is missing."

"Who is the last person she talked to?" 

"Umm one of the bakers."

"Bring her here."

"Yes, my lord." The servant boy bowed and ran towards the kitchen.

"Do you think she ran away?" Dominic turned around and looked at his friend, "No. He walked to the throne and sat on it. Cato rolled his eyes. Dominic took a glass that was filled with wine and took a sip. 

The king took few more sips from his wine before the door opened and a middle-aged hefty woman walked in with few guards. As soon as the guards let her go she crept in front of the throne and started sobbing and pleading.

"P-please she tried to steal bread and looked like scarecrow!!!" Her cheek was wet from tears that were still forming in her eyes. "I tho-ug-night she was a thief! You have to understand me, my lord, p-please." Dominic let her mumble all kind of excuses for a while before it started to get on his nerves.