ChapterEighteen: A Snowy Village

She woke up in a strange environment, or well it was a strange place for her. But almost everybody else would have recognized it, at least the maids.

Maeve was lying in a big comfy bed, that wasn't the one she had slept earlier. This on was much bigger and warmer. There was even a big fireplace keeping the room warn. The human didn't quite understand how she ended up in there, the last thing she remembers was lying on the couch in the library.

There was literally nothing familiar.

She even tried to sniff the pillow, if it would have told anything about the person who stays in there. But she didn't smell anything.

Maeve put her legs on the ground and started to walk away. And that is when she noticed that she slept in her day dress and corset. Only the thought about sleeping in a corset made her ribs hurt, and in last night she tortured her ribs.

"Please, forgive me." She mumbled to herself. Few years back she decided to sleep with a corset and her ribs killed her for the following week. After that she never ever slept in a corset, she always threw it away before going to bed. But many things have changed in the last few months; she lost her family and moved to live in a castle full of shapeshifters. Not really a identical environment fo a human girl.

She really wanted to talk with Cory, her whole body and mind screamed her to go and find her. But she knew that Cory didn't want to talk to her. She didn't want to tell her who her mate is and Maeve was somehow ok with it (But she couldn't admit that she is way too curios to find out by herself who he is and it killed her for not knowing). 

A quiet growl stopped her thoughts.

"Oh." The girl mumbled as she noticed that her stomach was screaming for food. As she couldn't find her shoes anywhere she had to go barefoot. If her Mother would have seen her now, she would have passed out.

Alison was always very casual with everything her children did, but walking without shoes was something she couldn't stand. She always started to yell like a maniac if she saw someone without shoes. Unlike her mother Maeve loves to walk without shoes, so always when she was alone in the meadow she took her shoes of and ran like no one in the world would catch her. It's stupid, she knows but the feeling she gets while running like a maniac is something no words could describe. Maybe in one day she could convince Cory to go to the meadow with her. they could have a picnic and talk about stuff that is weighing her heart. 

"T-Tommy?" She whispers shouted.  Maeve felt like she is the most selfist person alive because she hasn't really seen Tommy in a while and maybe the mouse is hungry and dying of hunger.

No one answered. 

"Tommy?" Now she wasn't whispering anymore. 

"A-are you hungry?" But like earlier the mouse didn't show up. 

"Well, I'm g-going to the kitchen." She muttered. It's rude for not answering if someone asks you a question, she thought. But what she didn't think about was the Tommy is a mouse, and mice cannot speak as she can.

She lifted her chin up and straightened her back and made her way to the kitchen. 

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF IT, YOU FILTHY SKANK!!!" The fat kitchen lady yelled when Maeve took bread in her hands.