「Chapter 18」

A Date (and Some Competition)
—Third Person—

"Shigure, we're leaving," Yuki says, stepping into the dog's study with Aly.

Despite the sun shining high in the sky outside, the temperature is well below freezing, so the rat's in a black turtleneck with a grey, trench coat over it and a pair of black pants.

Aly, on the other hand, is dressed more formally. Thanks to Shigure's persuasion (demand?), she's wearing a blue, long-sleeved dress that goes to her thighs. To keep her legs from getting cold, she has a pair of white leggings on and some black flats that she had borrowed from Skylar.

Shigure smiles and stands up, deciding he's done with writing for the day. "Go have fun, okay?" he says. "And don't let the girl pay, Yuki~"

Said Yuki rolls his eyes but nods nonetheless.

"Are you meeting Kagura at the train station?" Shigure wonders.

"Yes," Aly says, making her way to the living room. "The movie theatre is close to it, so we decided to meet her there."

"I see~" he says, following her.

As she slides the living room door open, Shigure notices Kyo sitting directly in front of the TV, watching the weather station (and probably hoping for some sort of freak storm), as Skylar snuggles deeper under the kotatsu.

Unlike Aly, Kyo's dressed like it's another day—the usual, bulky coat over a red, loose-collared shirt and a pair of dark jeans.

"Make sure to treat Kagura properly, okay, Kyo?" Shigure teases, smirking.

"This is stupid," he mutters in response, standing up.

Shigure chuckles lightly. "I'll be visiting the Main House for the day to give out the chocolate the girls got. I'll probably make it back before you three come home, but you never know~"

"Does that mean Skylar's going to be home alone?" Aly asks, her voice telling everyone she isn't happy about it.

Skylar smiles reassuringly. "Actually, Natsu and I are going out today, too, so stop making that face~"

"Natsuhiko?" Yuki parrots, surprised.

"That damn flirt isn't coming over here while Shigure's gone, is he?" Kyo demands, a little angrier than he wants to sound.

"Of course not." She laughs. "I think we're going to hang out with a couple guys on the baseball team, but I don't know~"

"I'm so proud~" Shigure sings. "Our Skylar is taking the initiative and hanging out with a boy!"

Aly raises an eyebrow. "You'll be okay then?" she checks.

Skylar smiles at her. "Yes, mom." She snickers. "Just go have fun on your date~"

"Okay..." she says, still not convinced.

"We better get going if we want to make it on time," Yuki says, checking the clock. "Kagura is probably waiting for us already."

Shigure pats Aly's head, smiling down at her. "Have fun, okay? Enjoy yourself."

"Okay," she says, easier this time as she returns his smile.

Something dark flits into Shigure's eyes as the three of them walk out of the living room.

"Guilty?" someone behind him mutters.