「Chapter 11」

School Festival (and an Invitation)
—Aly—

"Riceballs! Riceballs! Get 'em over here!"

"Wow! They're selling like crazy," the girl helping me work the stand comments. "We're almost sold out."

I smile. "We're in the lead for the best booth category."

"That's because we're the only ones selling food," Skylar says, grinning when I swat at her.

She, Kyo, Uo, and Natsuhiko gave up almost as soon as the festival started, choosing instead to hide behind the booth so no one sees them and asks them to do something.

"That's not it, and you know it," I say.

Natsuhiko smirks. "I'm pretty sure we all know what the main attraction really is."

Everyone turns their head towards Yuki.

I sigh.

He's dressed in the horrid dress those third years got him. It's covered in frills, bows, and flowers—it looks like, in Skylar's words, a 'vomit of fabric.'

"Good point," Skylar agrees. "He's definitely the reason everyone's here."

Yuki catches our eye, but he looks away quickly.

"You don't think he's mad at us, do you?" Tohru asks, her voice shaking.

"Don't worry," Kyo says, smirking. "He's probably embarrassed—dressed as a girl and all. I mean, he's already got a big enough complex over that girly face of his, right?"

"This is bad," Tohru says, now more depressed. "I thought he was cute too when I first saw him."

"Everyone thinks that," Uo assures her.

I don't, but maybe that's because I thought the dress was unappealing by itself, let alone on him. Yuki looks better in his usual, traditional Chinese clothes to me. not that fabric atrocity they had managed to find.

Kyo's smirk widens. "Yeah, no matter how you look at him, he looks like a girl."

Skylar snickers, and I sigh.

All of sudden a boyish voice rings out, "Du lieber himmel!"

I look up just in time to see Momiji running towards Yuki. He tackles him, latching onto Yuki's shoulders.

"Yuki, you look like a girl!" he comments, pulling a lollipop out of his mouth.

Yuki blinks, caught off by Momiji's sudden appearance, as Kyo, Skylar, Uo, and Natsuhiko all stand up to see what's going on.

"What the hell is that little brat doing here?" Kyo demands next to me, mostly speaking to himself.

Skylar shrugs as an answer, sending a secret smile my way.

"That's someone you know then?" Tohru wonders.

"Momiji, you shouldn't wander around by yourself," a stern, monotone voice says, making Skylar perk up as Hatori walks in the room, his typical lab coat draped over his arm. "How are you, Yuki? You too, Kyo."

"Ha—" Yuki starts, just as surprised as Kyo.

Before he can get his full name out, though, the girls already surrounding Yuki with loud squeals, excited to see the newcomers.