1st February 2012

* Please note: this is not an error. Elise has 'Bob' back and so, going with that, has rewritten/edited her last entry in him. Can you spot the differences? :) Hope it's not too confusing for you xx *

                                                                 -------

Dear Bob,

I'm not sure whether it's funny or sad that I found you again today, the irony of if it all is not lost on me.

A year and two days ago my parents sat me down at our dining table and passed over a small parcel wrapped in simple white paper with a pink bow of all things smack bang in the middle. I wanted to hit them over the head with you. I hadn't shown any interest in being Hunter since leaving the Academy. Actually even there I wasn't the most dedicated student and because I had turned eighteen, they still gave me the customary fucking journal to write down all my discoveries and all my adventures.

Cause you know, I did a lot of those things.

Thing is, I have had a lot of adventures, so maybe they were onto something, but prior to those, I'd only go on patrols with Dad, listen in to my parents discussing events and attacks. I'd train with my brother. Jordan. Then Jordan went missing and so started a chain of events that took me out of my comfort zone and placed me in a whole new world; a Hunters world. Though the pages before this might not make it clear, I was actually pretty good at it.

It took me twenty-four hours of staring at the journal on my bedside table before I decided to start writing in you. Even now I hope people aren't expecting a miracle entry that has the answer to the question of life in it. I fought demons, I fought vampires and werewolves and that's it.

That's all most people care about, but I've always been wanted to be seen as something more than Hunter, than a Bunting. Now you all know who I was, even if you don't want to. You saw my life, not the Hunters life - but mine. My feelings, my views and throw in a hand full of boy troubles, teenage angst and a psychotic werewolf set on bringing back some Lord Alpha creature... you get the picture.

I just read though you before starting to write this. Looking back now, I want to laugh, cry and find someone who can send me back in time so I can avoid it all.

No that's not true I wouldn't avoid it - I'd change it.

It hasn't been a full year since the events that changed my life happened. My last entry was well, like all the others. Irrelevant to what was going on around me. Even when I knew the world was on the brink of ending I still wrote about Logan, and Reece and insignificant details like training with Dad or Ailin being her bitch self and kicking my ass when I trained with her, which may I add is soo much better than listening to her stupid riddles and proverb thingos. Trust me on this.

It doesn't matter. The only part in all of this any of you future reader care about is that night shit went down. Do you want me to tell you of how, like my ancestors, I killed the Lord Alpha? Do you want to read about the ritual performed to open the portal or how the end of the world nearly happened? Do you want me to tell you of my encounter with Aaron aka V from the Winters diary? I bet you do.

Fuck you.

Unless you were there, you don't get to know what happened.

Do you know how many people died, good strong Trackers, Slayers and Hunters? You should, stop reading this and go read about them. Do not ever forget them, they don't deserve to become a statistic for their kind. They all fought hard and without them, the demons that escaped would have taken over by now.

Aaron got away, the second I saw him I knew he would. He walked out of the portal so easily, disappearing into the night. As far as I am aware, they haven't found him yet. I don't think they will until he wants to be. There is a task force out looking for him. The Slayers chosen could do it, one day. Maybe. Zane is one of them.