.sixty five.

.sixty five.

-

 "So your wife is not giving you strong heirs? I knew she was useless. I already have a woman in mind for you. She is strong and healthy. She can provide you with strong children-''  

-

Minji awoke disoriented and confused to the light snoring of someone beside her. She didn't know if she was still in Goryeo or not, but she did notice that she still did not have the ability to see. She felt tired and weak, her body heavy and sore like she had been carrying a heavy weight. Her voice was low as she tried to get one word out, the name of her husband. "Eunnie..." She said, and felt around to find out who was in the room with her. Her hands came into contact with a silky fabric and she realized it was more likely her husband. She shook him awake slightly until he stirred by her side. "Love...is that you?" She called gently, but unsure.

His eyes opened slowly, but when he came to the realization that it was his wife's voice he was hearing and not another figment of his imagination, he was quickly shaken awake. He sat up in bed next to her and threw his arms around her small frame, pulling her in for a tight hug. "I'm so glad you're awake again. I thought I was going to lose you, jagi." He said to her, words flooded with relief.

She replied with confusion. "What are you talking about?" But then the memories came rushing back in. She had given birth to their third child--a new prince of Goryeo who she had named Jinki--and then she had felt herself fading away. She was certain that it was the end of her stay in the past. But it seemed fate had other plans for her. As everything dawned on her, she asked him another set of questions. "Where is our son? Where is Jinki? Is he alive? Is he well?" She shifted in bed, trying to sit up, trying to look for her baby. But she was too tired and weak to even move. 

Eun was quick to comfort her and give her some peace of mind. "You were not well and your doctor said there was a chance you would not make it. He said you making it this long was a miracle." He paused as he was hit with the terrible memories, and remmebered how much he had cried his loss. The doctor had explained to him that she was still barely breathing, and that it was a miracle that she was still even alive after the birthing process and how weak her body had become. He continued, "I asked my mother to take care of him and he's at her house right now. I couldn't take care of the three children by myself, and their maid is only equipped to care for Soo and Bi." 

He said that in order to justify himself, but Minji knew the truth. He still probably felt like Jinki was at fault for everything that was happening. And it was easier to send him away than to have to see him every day and have to take care of him.

A frown formed on Minji's lips. "You promised you would care for him, and love him, Eun. And the first thing you do is to send him off somewhere away from us."

"I had to make sure you were okay first." He defended his actions.

"Please bring him to me." She begged, tears stinging at her eyes. "I want to have him here by my side."

Her husband heaved a heavy sigh. He couldn't understand why she was so attached to that child, if he was the one that almost killed her. He thought that she should be worrying about their other two children who needed her as well. 

"Wouldn't you want me to bring the twins to you instead? They haven't seen you in days, and they miss their mother." He asked her, hoping she would change her mind about bringing Jinki back into the house. "I have missed you too. In these past few days that you have been unconscious I have not left your side."

She nodded her head, agreeing that she wanted to see the twins as well, but also refusing to give up on the idea of seeing the newest addition to their family. "Its not that I don't want to see the twins. I want to have all three of them here with me. Please, love. Don't make me feel disappointed in you. He's our son too and you promised you would at least try to love him."