Prologue

DISCLAIMER: This is an original story. All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

PROLOGUE

August 7, 2014

Josh, 

I just want everything to fall right in it's place.

I want it to happen without me thinking about it. I want someone or something to do it for me, for us. Like maybe God or just plain fate. I just want answers. I don't really like to think this through because I know someone will get hurt. If I really am meant for you then I should have all the clear signs of love knocking on my door. I want you to feel the same exact way as I do. There'd be no heartbreaks, or confrontations, or tears. And everything will happen in the blink of an eye. Just like that. One moment we're in this state, next thing we know we're already with that someone we're destined to be with. But if I'm meant to lose you, then it should happen at once too. Without feelings of regret or loneliness or discontent.

I wish everything was that easy. But I know the universe has plans for us, probably different from what we have in mind, and written accounts no one would ever understand. I know there are answers but it will come all at the right time. We just have to wait and see even if there'd be heartbreaks, and confrontations, and tears. I'll just have to prepare myself for that. For now, all I can do is to hope. Hope that someday, no matter how far away that someday might be, everything will fall into place.

 Just try to look on the bright side however dim it may be.

Yours always,

L-

        I haven't finished signing my name yet when there was a knock on my door.

"Are your bags ready? Kristen has the engine started; Erin's with Arya and Jodee, already waiting for us at the train station."

Alice looks so calm and collected, but I know she's scared too.

"Yes. Thank you for everything you've done. I don't know what I'd do without you. Sorry for dragging you into this mess. I seriously fucked up, Alice." my voice cracking as I feel the lump on my throat.

"You know I've always got your back. Do you really have to do this?" I can hear the sadness in her voice.

I don't want to, but I have to do it. This is the only way I could think of. Oh God, I'll miss everyone.

Despite the tears filling my eyes, I managed to nod.

I am safely wrapped around Alice's arms when we heard the buzz on the door downstairs.

Alice released me and took a deep breath.

"She's here..." she exhaled.

Oh fuck, no.