Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I own none of John Greens Amzing Ideas

I woke up the next day to my phone buzzing the hectic glow. That meant Augustus was calling me. I picked up the phone and heard heavy breathing. "Augustus" I say getting up from bed and putting on my shoes/slippers. I just knew this wasn't going to be good.

"Hazel Grace" he says still breathing heavily. "Augustus what the hell is going on" I say finally grabbing the keys to the car and walking outside, but instead of noticing my car I notice Augustus with a phone to his ear running towards my house. He finally put the phone down realizing I hung up and noticed him. He smiled his Augustus waters crooked smile.

I run to and meet him halfway there. "Hazel Grace" he says finally gaining his composure. "Why you are here at"I check my phone to see the time"7 am". "Well that's a very funny story Hazel grace and I'm sure you'd love to hear it but I'm guessing that you would much rather see it for yourself" he says gesturing to my car keys. "Tell me on the way"I say getting into the passenger seat and handing him the keys. He walked to his side and got in.

Soon we were backing out of the driveway when he hits the neighbors trash can again. "You really hate them don't you" I say laughing. "What me no never he says driving away before they can see what he did. "Alright so what is so special that you had to run to my house and not even call me for" I ask him. "Its Isaac" is all Augustus says as he pulls into his driveway.

"Oh shit" is all I honestly have to say before he nods his head. We both run into the house and down into the basement where Isaac is on Augustus bed crying his eyes out "Isaac Hazels here" Augustus says softly. Isaac just nods his head slowly and gets up. He then walks over to me and hugs me in an uncomfortable bear hug. "Isaac what's wrong" I say as I finally hug him back. "Monica" he says and he stops crying into my shoulder.

He lets go so he can tell the story. "She wanted to meet up for coffee to talk things over and so I agreed" he says. I can already tell what's going to happen. "I got to the place where she wanted to meet up and I say here with another guy kissing in the back of the shop" he says letting a tear slip. "I started to walk out but she saw me and she came over and introduced me to Chad and I learned they had been dating since October" he says. "We started dating in October" he finally whispers.

That bitch first broke Isaac's heart and then told him she was cheating the whole time. "Hazel Grace do you happen to have five dollars" Augustus says out of the blue. "Uh I think so" is all I say before Augustus runs upstairs telling us to follow him. We follow him to his car can get in. "Okay now Augustus WHAT THE HELL" Isaac says then yells. "Hazel look up the directions to the nearest store with eggs" Is all Augustus says as he starts the car and pulls out of the driveway.

No trash cans were hit this time. "Um okay" I say looking up a gas station five miles down the road. "Okay now really Augustus what are we doing" I ask him as we start driving away from his house. "We are going to go buy eggs" he says. Then I start to finish the puzzle. "We're egging her house?" Isaac asks Augustus finally getting what Augustus was insinuating.

"Well more specifically her car but we can take some shots at her house if you want" he says as we pull into the Gas station. "Hazel will you be a wonderful person and go buy is say 3 cartons of eggs" He asks as I'm already getting out of the car. "With pleasure" I say. I go into the gas station and look for the eggs. I find them and take 3 cartons from the back. The farther back they are the older they will be and the smellier they'll get. I purchase the eggs and walk out to the car.

I get in and see that Augustus is teaching Isaac how to not smoke as I sit there laughing because Isaac kind of looks like a Bad ass with a cigarette in his mouth. Augustus turns around after a while and starts the car. "Okay buddy" Augustus says as he smiles toward Isaac through the mirror. "Where does it live" he says. Me and Isaac both laugh at how Augustus refuses to use its name.

"Turn here" Isaac says multiple times until we end up in a small calldasack in a huge neighbor hood. Augustus parks and I hand them both a carton of eggs. "Alright I've got the house you two get her car" I say to both of them and they nod. "ALRIGHT BOYS GO GO GO" I scream and we all run out of the car. Her car was in the drive way and before I could even open my carton her car was being pelted.

"Hazel" Augustus says as he throws another egg. "Yeah" I say as I hit a window and her front door. "I think these eggs are a little expired" Augustus says as he plugs his nose and throws his last egg. Isaac nods and plugs his nose. They're both out of eggs. "That's what makes this fun I say as I throw my last egg at what I think is her window. Except it doesn't hit it. At the last second the window opened and the egg flew in. I heard a huge scream and I girl who I'm presuming is "it" stands at the window egg dripping off her shirt. "Isaac?" she says as we all run into the car. "THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL HAZEL" Isaac screams as we drive off from her house and back onto the main roads. "You're welcome" I say as Augustus turns up the radio and the hectic glow pours through the speakers.