Chapter 27

VIC POV

"WHAT?!" we all seemed to exclaim at the same time. My heart was in my throat, the beating in my ears. I looked around at all the shocked faces, some even beginning to have shiny eyes, tears evidently coming. Then I looked to Austin, instantly regretting it.

The tall boy was on the floor, his legs no longer holding him. His head was in his hands and he was sobbing, physically hurting himself as they raked through his chest and as he pulled his hair. His hands balled into fist and all of us were completely unaware of what to do.

It felt like I wasn't even a part of this planet. Everything was distant as I got tunnel vision. I shook the feeling of lightheadedness away as I dropped to my knees next to Austin, cautiously putting my arm around his back.

He didn't pull away like I thought he would, he actually turned to me and fell against my side, his head resting on my shoulder. I felt the tears start to soak through my shirt as he began to cry harder, his chest rising and falling rapidly.

"Austin?" Alex nearly whispered, taking a seat at my side. I looked up to see Matty, Oli, and Tony sitting on the couch. Tony looked like he was going to break any second, Oli's arm around his back seemed to be the only thing keeping him together. Mike and Jaime looked shocked and confused, stepping out of the room to give us space along with Jack.

"Austin can you please tell us what happened?" Austin finally looked up, rubbing tears from his eyes. They continued to pour down his cheeks though but through the sobs he was able to talk.

"I-I was going o-over there today to pick him up to c-come here." He let out a sigh, trying to clear his voice of the shakiness.

____________________

Austin was getting pretty pissed seeing as Alan was taking so long. He just wanted to get to my house to watch a movie but he understands how Alan can get. He needs to look put together all the time. He seemed to be doing well though as far as Austin could tell at least. They do spend every day together so he would notice if something was up.

He was unable to see Alan earlier today though because of his mom wanting him to watch his little cousin.

As Austin sat in his room, flipping through an old issue of AP to pass the time, he got a called from Alan.

"Hey babe you ready?" He asked cooly, still flipping through the magazine.

"Austinnnn," Alan slurred into the phone, his voice distant.

"Alan are you drunk?" Austin questioned kinda mad. He himself was against drinking and Alan knew that.

"Yup," Alan giggled. "And that's not all I did!" Austin gave the phone a confused look. What could he possibly mean?

"Alan what's going on?" All of a sudden the boy on the other end was reduced to tears, like flipping a night switch: it was so sudden.

"They're making me go back to that school Austin and that comes up in 3 weeks! I can't do it," he cried, the slurring still there but not as evident. "I won't do it I won't. They all know I tried to kill myself. I'm a freak to them Austin! They'll bully me and push me around and I just can't take it." Alan let out a cry that shattered Austin's heart. He couldn't believe Alan's parents would send him back there to that school after all he went through.

"I'm dizzy Austin," Alan complained, his voice getting more and more distant.

"I'm be right there baby I'm leaving now just stay inside and don't do anything stupid, please for me." When he heard the 'for me' part he broke down again, loud sobs coming through the phone.